Chapter 23 - Spill the beans

- Valentine -

JJ and I went back to the hotel late that night rather drunk. We got a taxi there and went straight to sleep when we reached the hotel room. It had been a long night and all I wanted was sleep. 

When I woke up JJ had left a note for me on the bedside cabinet. 

Vee,

I got a call from my mum telling me that I needed to get home. It turns out their friend wants me to do a family photoshoot. Sorry that I have to leave but I'll miss you and have loved spending time with you. 

You need to think about going home soon, babe. You can't hide and stay away for ever. 

Lot's of love, JJ xx

I sat on my bed and thought to myself. He had a point and I had to think about everything. I knew that I couldn't hide forever and that I needed to go home. It annoyed me to think about that and to know that it was the truth but it needed to be done. The conclusion was that I had to go home and face them, end of.

I got dressed and packed my bag. I made sure the room was reasonably tidy before I left to go downstairs to the reception. I was in the reception by 2.00pm and realised that Travis finishes his shift at that time and I didn't want to miss him before I left. I went to the desk in a hurry and saw that the man behind the desk wasn't Travis and I felt very sad. I didn't have any way of contacting him and I really wanted to keep in touch with him, but he was gone.

I turned around to leave when the man spoke up. "Are you looking for something, sweetheart?" 

I turned back around and smiled a small, sad smile. "Yeah I was but it doesn't matter now. He isn't here." 

He sat up in his chair and looked directly at me. "Who were you looking for, dear?" He asked, his voice was rather rough and husky. 

"I was looking for Travis who works here but he must have left already." I replied, with a sigh. 

"He hasn't left yet. He went to get some dinner to take home from the kitchen downstairs. He should be up any minute." The grey haired man explained, smiling at me.

"Thanks for telling me, sir. I'll wait here if it is okay?" I said, gesturing to the chair that wasn't far away from me.

"It's more than okay, dear. He won't be long, I'm sure." He smiled, looking down at something he was doing. "You have nice manners by the way, young lady." 

I smiled. "Thank you. You have great manners too and a personality to match, sir." I replied, sitting down on the chair with my bg on the floor in front of me.

Within a few minutes of talking to the man - who turned out to be called Jim - I saw Travis walking into the room in some casual clothes with a heavy looking, sports bag over his shoulder. He was shouting goodbye to someone behind him.

I stood up and he saw me and walked over to me. "Hey, Travis. I was hoping I didn't miss you before you leave." 

He looked confused. "Why?" Then he looked down at my bag and then back up at me.

"I'm leaving and I'm going home, but I want to keep in touch and wanted to give you my number so we can all go drinking again some time." I replied, handing him a small piece of white paper with my number scribbled on to it.

"Yeah, sure. I'd like that." He smiled, taking the paper and putting it in his trouser pocket. "Why are you leaving?" 

"I have to face up to my family at some point and I can't stay here forever." I explained, shrugging. "Text me later so that I can save your number, yeah?" I instructed, picking up my bag.

"Of course." He nodded. "Have a safe journey home, Valentine. I'm sure everything with your step-mother and step-sister will go fine." 

Speaking of home I didn't think about transport. "Shit, I didn't think about how I would get home." I groaned in frustration. "I guess I will have to walk and take the bus or something."

"I can drive you home, if you want?" He offered, smiling. "I don't mind." 

"Really? Are you sure, Travis?" I asked because If I had just finished work, I sure wouldn't want to waste time giving someone a lift when I could be on my way home.

"I don't mind at all." He chuckled,taking his car keys out of his bag. 

We waved goodbye to Jim and walked to the car park before getting in Travis' sparkly clean car. I told him my address and it turned out that he didn't live far from there so it wasn't that much of a big deal giving me a lift.

"So, where's JJ?" Travis asked as we pulled up at a red light.

"He had to go home. It's funny because he wasn't meant to be staying with me at all but he wanted too, to make sure I was okay. But his mum called him and said that he had work to do and had to leave." I explained. "She doesn't know he was with me. She thinks he has sleeping at his friend's house." 

"Why doesn't she know?" He asked just as the red light changed.

"Nobody knows about me and JJ." I confessed, looking out of the window. 

He suddenly pulled over and stopped the car. I knew that I probably shouldn't have told him but it was out in the open now. He turned to face me and his face clearly showed that he was conerned.

"Spill the beans." 

---------

Oooooh! :P 

Vote, comment and fan, please! hehe Thank you beauties <3<3