Chapter 7: Intuition

Alya's POV
I'm starting to get suspicious. Adrien and Mari seem like they're keeping something from Nino and I. I'm not sure what though. I just have this gut feeling.
"Hey Nino have you noticed that Mari and Adrien are all of a sudden really close?"
"Yeah and it seems like they're not telling us something." I stared wide eyed at him. "What?" He asked alkwardly.
"Its just that, thats exactly what I was just thinking!" We shared a look then I turned away blushing.
"So~ investigation?" I nodded and we shook hands.
"Hey you two. What are you talking about?" Mari wiggled her eyebrows.
"Mari! Thats only funny when I do it." I facepalmed.
"Come on it was a little funny." Adrien came up behind her.
"If...if you must know we were talking about... the latest LadyNoir incident." Nino coverd and I gave him a thankful look.
"I-I need to go..." Mari left alkwardly. Note to self; Mari seems upset at LadyNoir claims.
Marinette's POV
I stormed off, more of this really? I walked away from the others as they exploded into squealing fangirls. I took a seat by a huge window. Taking out my sketch book I started to design a ladybug themed gown. So I didn't really notice when someone was looking over my sholder at it.
"H-hi, I'm James." A boy about my age with hazel eyes and scruffy brown hair greeted.
"Marinette nice to meet you." I shook his hand.
"I saw your designs they're really good. You must be a ladybug fan."
"More or less." I snorted.
"Did you see the article on the ladyblog?" He didn't seem even remotely excited.
"Yeah, acctualy my best friend Alya runs the ladyblog." James stared at me awestruck.
"So were are you off to?" He asked smoothly. Damn this kid is a lot like Chat Noir. How can I check though...
"China you?" I played it cool.
"Hey! Me too for the princess coronation." I nodded and decided to throw caution to the wind.
"Do you ship LadyNoir?" I asked suddenly.
"Your probably going to fight me on this but not really." I grinned stupidly.
"Finnaly! Someone who has the same opinion!" I perked up. Guess hes not Chat but this is pretty good too. We chatted for ages until the plane began boarding. I gave him my phone number so we could chat some more. Then headed over to the others.
"Girl! Who was that tall glass of water?" She nudged me and I rolled my eyes.
"Whatever." I giggled.
"Yeah Mari who was that?" Adrien asked with just enough force to be suspicious. Was... was Adrien jelous? No... could he?
"James." I blurted out. We boarded the plane with not another word. We took our seats I grabbed my phone.
James: Hey Mari
Me: Hey James
James: Maybe I'll see you at the coronation.
Me: oh you'll see me.
To that he had no responce so I grabbed my sketch book and continued on with the dress.

A/N: Hope you like were its going so far! 🐞

Of Gods and RoyaltyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara