Chapter 18: Table for four

Marinette's POV
We had wandered around for a bit until we came upon a small cafe. It was tucked away, so not many people were there. We were still a bit wet but nobody noticed. I got a cup of tea and some cookies. While Adrien ordered a coffee and for some reason camembert. When our order came I alkwardly slid the cookies into my purse for Tikki. I sipped my tea and sighed. It was lovely and warm, which contrasted how I felt. I glanced up at Adrien to find him staring at me.
"Hey, Adrien?" I asked alkwardly.
"Yeah Mari?" He gave a warm smile.
"Why wrre you at that cafe?"
"I...uh? I had a bad feeling about that James kid." He spluttered out hidding his face behind his coffee. I was utterly confused. What did he mean? I gave a sad smile and nodded. "At least you didn't get akumatized."
"Yeah..." There was a hiccup like sound from my purse. Oh no. Not now! Sometimes, like humans, when kwamii's ate to fast they'd get the hiccups. It was rare so it had only a happened a few times to Tikki while Marinette was her holder. Once a ladybug had transformed with her in this state and would practically vibrate every five seconds.
"Are you alright?" Adrien's eyes widened.
"Y-yes I just have to go to the restroom." I stood up and quickly pulled Tikki out of my purse.
"I'm sorry *hic* Marinette." Tikki struggled to say. I giggled at her.
"Its pretty cute though."
"What *hic* what about your date?" She asked while hiccuping.
"Its not a date. I can just say I'm not feeling well. Its okay." She hugged my cheek.
"Your the best!" She giggled before flying back into my purse. I alkwardly shuffled back to the table.
"Um...I...uh. We should head back I'm not feeling to good." He gave a sad smile and nodded. It was a short ride back but Tikki was trying and failing to be quite.
"Sorry I...uh... My phone?" It came out more of a question so I mentally face palmed. He gave me a mixed look. It was mostly worry, confusion and 'you sure'. I apologize and went off to the room. I went strait to the bathroom.
"Do you need anything Tikki?" She shook her tiny head.
"I just need a little time. I hope there isn't an akuma."
"Why not?" I gave her an odd look wondering if I wanted an answer.
"You'd buzz everytime I hiccup. Your aim would be completely thrown off." I felt my face drop.
"Lets hope we don't need ladybug." I walked out to find Adrien waiting. I froze. Did he hear? I hope not! I smiled. "All good?"
"Yeah. Why would you need ladybug?" I internationally groaned. Great!
"You herd that?"
"Just the last bit." I calmed down a bit. And quickly choose an excuse.
"She, uh...I uh..." I bit my lip. "My parents think... think there could be an attack at the coronation... I um, hope we don't need her... she'll be attending I don't wanna ruin it for her." I gave myself a pat on the back for my quick cover up.
"She's attending?" His eyes widened. I cringed and nodded. Damn it!

A/N: More ships to come. 🐞🐱