Chapter 55: Not so mighty

Queen B's POV
I can't believe her! Taking favourites? I mean I'd understand if it was Chat but Reina? Ladybug chose Reina over me... Ouch.
"Now your sure you can do it." Carapace asked wringing his hands together.
"I've been doing this for a year now." I told him not phased.
"Stalking ladybug?" Chat asked in a disgusted tone.
"Your gonna tell me you didn't?" Raising a disbelieving eyebrow I waited as he silently fumed. "Whatever."
"Hey, ladybug." Carapace called to the heroin. "We need to go."
He motioned to Chat and I before showing her his jade turtle bracelet.
"Of course," She smiled. "You guys did a great job, guess I chose well."
I saw Carapace flinch from the corner of my eye. The pang of guilt was heavy I must admit but I still felt like beating him for flinching. Ladybug was confused by it I could tell even though she tried to hide it. Wait... Did ladybug just try to hide something from us? This must be good. I quickly went off through the buildings before looping round to hide on a balcony beneath ladybug and Reina.
Ladybug's POV
I waved the others off before turning back to Reina.
"Weird." She noted. "He flinched."
"He's never done that before," I frowned at Nino's odd behaviour. "Not as long as I've known him, anyways."
"Do you think somethings up?" Reina's eyebrows pulled together. I thought over the possibility before brushing it off.
"I doubt it," I shook my head thoughtfully. "Don't question him though we can't go arguing between ourselves. Espesialy if our theory stands true."
"Speaking of which, don't you think that akuma was pretty weak?" Her face hid fear but her eyes showed it clearly. "What do you think halkmoth's doing?"
"I fear he's collecting strength to make a really powerful akuma." Fidgeting I looked her dead in the eye. "I think it'll be a miraculous holder."
There was a gasp to our left and both our heads snapped its way. Creeping to edge of the roof we peaked over and with an angered tone Reina began cursing. Queen B sat below us on a balcony. We both jumped down there too.
"Evesdropping?" Reina scoffed.
"Don't flatter yourself Rouge." She biut back rather rudely.
"Then care to explain why you stayed behind?" I asked trying to keep my calm. When she turned to me her eyes were down cast as if expecting a beating.
"The boys and I were curious." She whispered. "So they sent me to investigate."
"Curious of what?" Reina asked with annoyance and honestly I couldn't blame her. When Queen B opened her mouth to snap back I glared at her until she looked down in submission.
"You two seemed suddenly very close." She murmured barely loud enough for me to catch.
"Reina and I have become good friends because she can be trusted to do what's right for the citizens of China. Are you one to deny me such a bond?" I stared holes in her. "Tread carefully Bee because one wrong move and I'll be forced to confiscate your miraculous and Pollen."
"Please," Her eyes glistened with tears. "Don't take Pollen."
"Tread carefully." I restated before grabbing Reina's arm and racing off toward the hotel. We de-transformed in an ally before making our way up to my room.
A/N: Sorry I haven't been updating lately I've been planning the ending! It's all set so I'll be able to update every 1-2 days depending on everything else. Thank you so much for the support! 🐞🐱