Chapter 56: Salmonella

Reina's POV
We arrive in Marinette and Adrien's room and find it empty. When I texted him we found out he and Nino had gone with some of the other boys to the arcade.
"I'm going to hit him when he gets back," I told her. "Sending B on us like that?"
Mari giggled and nodded. I can't start to comprehend how it must be to have to stay calm in situations like that. I pulled Trixx from my pocket and placed her on the kitchen bench. With a light yelp, she flew off the marble.
"It's cold." She explained. "Hey, Mari do you have any chocolate?"
"Just like Plagg!" Tikki, Mari's kwamii flew from her pocket.
"I'm nothing like that pathetic kitten." Trixx spun in the air. "Unlike him, I'm successfully mischievous."
"Right," Tikki rolled her eyes. "Still, Mari have you got any cookies?"
"We can make some choc chip cookies." Mari offered with a light giggle.
"Yes please!" The kwamii's squealed.
"Okay." I chuckled looking at the excited kwamii. They were like tiny, talking babies. That was a sentence I'd have never thought I'd think. Opening the fridge I got to work passing Mari everything she needed. I decided to let her do most of the batter as she was the baker's daughter. Once she had set them out on a tray I fussed about placement. I'm turning into my mum. She was a chief at Cholé's hotel, it wasn't a bad thing I was acting like her but it was odd.
"Right!" I finally said. "They'll be ready in a bit."
I turned away from the tray to look for the kwamii's so we could show them our handy work before they went in the oven. I was startled when Mari was crouched down in front of the cookies.
Marinette's POV
We had finished the cookies at last after being bossed around by Alya about proper arrangement we were about to show the kwamii's. A flash by the tray caught my eye and suddenly Tikki was floating over them. Crouching down so Tikki was at eye level I began to giggle.
"You may be a god but Salmonella is real." I burst out laughing as she turned looking completely mortified.
"Oops?" She chuckled before zipping off so I couldn't catch her.
"Quick in the oven before they have a chance to steal another one!" Alya fegined panic. With a fit of giggles I finally put the tray in the oven to bake.
A/N: Just a light fluffy puff piece! Thought it'd be nice amidst all the other things. 🐞🐱