Chapter 42: Thank Kwamii!

Marinette's POV
Everyone was staring at me because of Chloé's mess up. Sweat dripped down my hairline. Alya's phone beeped a familiar tune turning all of our attention to the device.
"Akuma." She stated. "We'll talk after." She pointed a threatening finger.
"Right Adrien stays here," I said sternly getting up with the others.
"Why are you all going?" He demanded.
"Chloé's gonna warn the news, Alya wants to video and Nino needs to..." I seemed to freeze up.
"I need to track it for Mari." He provided.
"And I need to do my job so don't mess it up again," I told him indefinitely glaring at him.
"Fine." He sighed sinking into his seat.
"Move out." I made a circle motion with my finger. The group began out the door leaving Adrien sitting alone at the table. Thank Kwamii I didn't have to explain that!
The group began splitting up as each person scrambled to find a suitable place to transform. Slipping into an ally way I scooped Tikki from my pocket.
"Ready?" She asked with fire in her eyes.
"Ready." I got down into a stance. "Tikki spots on!" I transformed and raced over the roofs. I felt more powerful with my new outfit.
"Reina status report," I instructed as I caught up with the recruits.
"The southeastern quadrant of the city is being torn apart by a man in a blue raincoat. He has the power of elements." She told me as we raced across the city me on a yo-yo, Carapace on a skateboard, Reina flying and Bee on her Tromp. Chat came up beside me on his baton.
"Your messenger is a life saver m'lady, good choice." Chat shot me a finger gun making me roll my eyes smirking.
"Let's just get this over with me and the others left a civilian back there," I told him but he seemed to freeze. "Chat."
"Whats wrong with him?"  Queen B asked waving a hand in front of his face.
"Chat!" I yelled, "Chaton!"
"Hmm?" He snapped out of his trace and looked up at me in confusion.
"You froze," Reina chuckled.
"I...um?" He shuffled his feet like a child found with his hand in the cookie jar.
"Whatever we don't have time let's kick this guys butt!" Queen B told him pulling out her Tromp.
"You won't have to go far." Carapace whispered in fear. I turned to where he looked, a huge storm cloud was swirling and the wind was chilling. The ocean by our left was crashing against the shore dangerously.
"It seems the old moth is running out of ideas this looks a lot like miss stormy." Chat mused leaning on his baton.
"Well keep an eye out if you see anything odd tell me." I made a motion to spread out.
"Well I'm wearing a weird necklace for starters." Chat said jokingly. I turned to him.
"Oh that's just a kwagatama. I have one too see." I held up the necklace I had discovered from my new transformation.
"Oh yeah my kwamii muttered something about them." He chuckled shaking his head.
"Don't you listen to your Kwamii?" I asked almost apalled.
"Tell me your joking." He rolled his eyes.
"My kwamii's wise and gives great advise is yours not like that?" I asked stunned.
"My kwamii? The kwamii of destruction?" He began laughing. "He eats camebert and tries to sleep in my hair." He pointed to his head. A sudden urge hit me and I reached out and placed my hand on his head. A purr emitted from his throat. He jumped covering his mouth.
"Sorry," I giggled. "But your Kwamii has the right idea, your hairs quiet soft." He opened his mouth to say something but a gust of wind sent him hurtling off the roof we were standing on. I barely managed to grab my yo-yo and fling it into a gutter in time.
"Oh holders!" A middle aged man sing songed in Chinese. The three new heroes appeared by my side as Chat werily got up.
"Bring it on!" I challenged in Chinese.
A/N: How do you feel about a temporary Miraculous switch? 🐞🐱