Chapter 38: Panic

Marinette's POV
I woke with a jolt as someone tapped my head.
"Where's the akuma?" I screamed jumping up.
"What?" Adrien chuckled beside me. I froze.
"Hm..." I  tried to think of an excuse.
"Anyway its dinner time. The class is going out to celebrate Luka and Kagami." I nod scilently revealed for the distraction.
"Guess we're going in these." I laugh. He shrugged and pulled me into the kitchen. "What are you getting?" I ask smelling a horrid smell.
"Snack, want something?" He pulls out a slice of camembert.
"Cookies please." I cough trying to get the horrid smell away. He hands me a few cookies which I shove in my pocket for Tikki. "Lets go!" I say slipping on my shoes and dragging Adrien out.
"Rose just came by to tell everyone on this level so we don't need to get Luka and Kagami." Adrien answers my unasked question. I smile and we waddle to the elevators and down to the lobby. The class is rumbling into a bus. I see Alya and wave.
"Yo love birds hows it going?" Nino asks grabbing Alya and bring her over to us.
"Could be better." I say shifting the handcuff to show them the rash its giving me.
"We were told that might happen." Alya clucked her toung. "Why don't you just use that magic necklace of yours." I facepalm with both mine and Adrien's hands.
"That's not how it works." I smirk at her. "Besides a kwagatama can only do so much." I can feel Tikki pincb me and I giggle.
"We should get in." Nino points to the bus thats almost full. I nod and we move into the last seats. The doors close and we're off to the... where are we going? I look out the window trying to recognise something. The sun begins to set and see Alya with a hard thinking face. She must be looking for a way to escape to patrol. Welcome to my world! I let out a tiny giggle.
"You have a beautiful laugh." Someone from behind me says.
"Thanks." I smile trying to turn. I can't because Adrien is dozing against the window.
"Are you excited?" They ask.
"For what?" I wonder out loud.
"The thing we're all here for. The coronation." They say.
"Not really." I frown at the mension.
"Why's that?" I once again trh to turn my self so I can see his face.
"It doesn't matter." I sigh as the bus stops and people begin to file out. I don't know why but I feel a strong connection with this mysterious person. I woke Adrien and we got off. I watched Alya slip round a corner. A moment later Reina Rouge hopped over our heads there were gasps from the crowd. I walked up to Luka.
"Who is that? I've heard of Ladybug and Chat Noir but not her." He asked wide eyed.
"Thats Reina Rouge, one of the new super heros. Her, Carapace and Queen B are helping Ladybug and Chat Noir. She must be off to patrol." I smile waving to her. She winked back.
Adrien's POV
"Thats Reina Rouge, one of the new super heros. Her, Carapace and Queen B are helping Ladybug and Chat Noir. She must be off to patrol." Mari said sweetly. I wasn't really listening until she said patrol. Oh No! I have patrol! Um... would she get suspicious? I pretended to look down at my phone.
"Mari..." I whispered wkndering of I was making the right decision.
"Yeah?" She gave me a look.
"I just got a message from Chat Noir." I say. She goes wide eyed.
"Your in contact with Chat Noir?" Her eyes told me she didn't believe me.
"Ladybug gave me his number." I lied. She stiffened slightly.
"And he said..?" She waited for me to continue.
"I told him I knew someone who could get in contact with the holders. He's in a situation and he needs someone to take his patrol." Her stance softened slightly.
"Okay... but one day your gonna tell me how you really got in contact with him." She pointed a finger at my face.
Marinette's POV
He's lying... I didn't give him Chaton's number. I don't even have it...
I have a duty though so I nodded and gave him a pointed look demanding he tell me how they're in contact one day. I pulled out my phone and dragged Adrien to the back of the group.
"Keep your head down and don't look at anyone." I instruct. Scrolling through my contacts I dial Nino.
"Yo, bro your right behind me." He chuckled into the phone.
"I would just talk to you of you didn't make my job so hard." I groan. At this he goes quiet knowing this is a business call. "Reina Rouge is taking Ladybug's place in patrol because she's busy. I just got in contact with Chat Noir and he too is preoccupied. We need Carapace to watch over the city."
"Your the boss lady." He chuckles again. "I quite enjoy this."
"I'll cover your sorry butt." I laugh as he groans.
"See ya on the flip." He hangs up and I place my phone back in my pocket.
"There you go." I tell Adrien as he straightens.
"Thanks." He throws me a smile.
"Don't thank me it's my job." I laugh.
"No it's not, your just as important as the hero's and no one knows!" He gestured around.
"Oh they know." I smile.
A/N: How about that? 🐞🐱