Chapter 48: Redefining the links

Marinette's POV
The gates were thrown open before me a pair of large men carrying me buy my arms.
"You've got the wrong one!" I tried to convince them.
"Keep saying that." One snorted as we entered. We trundle strait into the thrown room.
"Who the hell is that?" Maman demanded pointed shocked at me.
"Theres a message with your seal and the princesses signature on the royal rebel website." One man anouned. I looked around the room upon the thrown was my papa, my maman and a too uptite strait postures perfect princess 'me'.
"Please get this barbarians off me." I sighed annoyed. "I can't prove anything if I can't say my secrets out loud and I can't if they're here."
"Yes listen to her thank you." My mother waved off. The bowed before marching out like clock work. "Now my children what do you want us to do?"
"Test us of course!" The fake told her. "For example my favourite colours are pink and white."
"Acctualy Maman my favourite colours are black and red. If you need check the arrangements for my party." I pointed out matter of factly.
"Sweety?" Papa questioned Maman.
"Check the plan for her coronation." She asserted. "Then we let my Marinette decide what to do with her double."
"Thank you, Maman." We both said at the same time.
"For the time being lock them up in the dungeon." She waved us off as guards took hold of us.
"What!" The copy shouted out raged.
"Shut it." I growled glaring at her. We were dragged down a few sets of stairs before being hand scuffed to opposite walls. The guards then left wordlessly.
"I know your mad but letting us both get locked up?" The copy demanded.
"You don't have to keep exerting yourself. I know your Tikki." I sighed watching as the fake me melted to revel a girl my age in ladybug themed clothes.
"How'd you find out?" She snorted with a grin.
"Wayzz told me everything." I murmured.
"Of course he did he was always a goody two shoes." She chuckled.
"Thats what your made for, you were made to be good." I tried to convince her.
"I'm not a kwamii at the moment so those bindings don't exist. That Tikki doesn't exist." She smirked at my sad look.
"I feel sorry for you." I whispered. "Your so much like me."
"Come again?" She cocked an eyebrow.
"They look at you like your a perfectly cut gem," I gave her a sad smile. "But thats impossible. They look at us and see power, grace and majesty. They look at us and say 'there goes a girl with no doubts nor quaries'. They're wrong Tikki." I felt tears sting my eyes.
"We're not perfect, we're rough on the edges but we're still beautiful. We hold power given from destiny, that doesn't mean we always want it. We show grace and majesty, yes but that doesn't mean we can't be anything else." I looked up at her frozen figure. "They're wrong Tikki but so right. We are the most blessed beings in the world. You get the experience and the power. I get the praise, responsibility and compassion you've granted me. We're the prized crystal of the people but we can and will crack sometimes. Don't make it someone else job to heal you, its not resilience that makes us strong its our determination. What makes you strong isn't the power over others but the power over yourself. We're good Tikki but to be able to heal others you have to heal yourself."
"I know." She whispered in a choked voice.
A/N:         :)            🐞🐱