Chapter 58: Less Wi-fi

Marinette's POV
"A-Alya?" I looked up at her as she stood upon the rooftops in startling white. By her side my very first friend, Nino stood in a similar atire.
"Presious Marinette." Nino cooed peering down at me. "Why don't you go and run off to your beloved heroes?"
I stoped in shock. Not only was he akumatized it seemed he had some sort of vendetta against me. I quivered just imagining what sort of powers hawkmoth would force onto my heroes.
"Alya," I swallowed. "You... You need to snap out of it."
With a twisted grin she seemed to glide down to stand before me.
"You said it was going to be easy." She tilted my chin up so I was forced to look into her tortured eyes. "But here we are. If you had just listened and taken her we wouldn't be here."
She pointed to Nino who was now gliding down too. I frowned, She wanted me to take Trixx?
"How did this happen?" I asked with a quivering lip, not knowing what else to say.
"Its all your fault," Nino ground out. The pair began to walk towards ne as I tried to back away.
"Your going to pay for what you did." Alya smirked as a stream of red began pulling from my wrists. A cold emptiness encased me as the last of it tugged free from my arms.
"What did you do?" I asked weakly bringing a hand up to clutch my chest.
"Helping you." They whispered in unison. My feet left the ground as black streams hit me where they were pointing. "Your too pure."
The pain hit hard. Like a truck hitting a small animal only to back up and run it over. Agony. Pain. Heat. Hotter. Searing. Darkness.
"Lady and Sir Butterfly have delivered on their part of the deal." A raspy voice echoed in my head. "If you come peacefully I'll leave you and your friends in tact. If not..." The voice began cackling in a meniachle manner.
"Please, I don't want to." I begged not even sounding remotely recognisable.
"Thats your choice..."
----------
"No!" I sprung up. Another dream? It felt so real I swear I could feel the pain.
"Are you okay?" Adrien asked staring at me worriedly. "You've been muttering for the past few minutes."
"Y-yeah." I tugged my sleeves up.
"What is that?!" Adrien panicked pointing to the redend patch of skin around a thin scar. The veins underneath were black.
"Alya," I whispered with distress. I pushed myself off the bed and stumbled out. I pushed Adrien aside when he tried to stop me. I clambered into the elevator and began slapping a button. Once the doors shut a wave of exhaustion hit me. How did I not realise I'm so weak?
The doors opened again and I pushed off the wall. Stumbling down the hall I made it to Alya and Nino's room. Pulling a bobby pin from my hair I quickly picked the lock and burst through the door. I threw my arms out to stop myself from hitting a wall in the pitch black living room. There was movement beside me before a sound like wooshing air distracted me. I threw my hands above my head just as something was about to hit me. I pulled the object from my attackers hands. I ran my hand over it and found holes all along it. Flute. I should have guessed. The lights turned on and Reina Rouge looked at me with an angered expression that quickly turned to confusion.
"Mari?" She whispered letting her transformation drop to leave Alya. "What are you doing?"
I rushed up to her and began to examine her. Eyes, outfit, expression, hair, anything I could think of. She pulled my hands down from her face and I hissed. Snatching my wrists away I cradled them and muttered to myself.
"She's fine." Trying to convince myself.
"Are you okay?" Nino asked with a hand on my shoulder. Pushing my sleeves over the ingery I was inspecting I nodded mutely.
"Your a terrible liar." Alya told me grabbing a hand and pulling up the sleeve to examine. "What happened?"
"I'm fine." I retracted my arm. "I just came to see if you were alright. Mission a acomplished, you can go back to sleep now."
"This isn't like you." Alya looked me in the eyes. "Talk to us."
"I-I can't worry you." I blew hair out of my face. "Besides it's nothing, just a graze."
"At least talk to Mylene." Nino told me. Earning confused looks from both of us. "Shes working to become a psychologist."
"In the morning." I promise them. Adrien then barges in out of breath.
"Had to use the stairs." He explained and then looked over at me. "Come on, you need to rest."
A/N: You have no idea. 🐞🐱