Chapter 23

We were walking around the airport in Menagerie, trying to find the baggage claim. When we did, we walked towards the front and saw Blake and Yang waiting for us.

"Hi, Yang!" I said.

"Hi, sis. How was your flight?"

"It was good. Slept the entire way through, though."

"Long trip, eh?" Blake asked.

"Yeah. I'm still a bit tired from the flight," Weiss said.

"I can see. You're going to be staying at my place while you're here," Blake said.

"We are?" Weiss asked.

"Yeah. My parents don't mind."

"Did you guys just get in?" I asked.

"We got here an hour before you guys did," Yang said.

"Well what are we standing around for? Let's head out," I said happily.

We all walked out of the airport with out bags and headed towards the parking lot.

"My dad is here with my mom," Blake said.

"When are you going to tell them?" I asked.

"Probably when my dad isn't driving," Blake smiled.

Blake led us to their car and we packed up the trunk. We all got in and greeted her parents.

"Hi, Yang," Kali said.

"Hi, Mrs. Belladonna," Yang said.

"Please, just call me Kali."

Yang smiled and greeted Blake's father.

"Mom, dad, this is Ruby and Weiss."

"Nice to meet you girls," Kali said.

"Nice to meet you," I said.

"You can just call me Kali and this is Ghira."

"Nice to meet you."

They drove out of the airport and headed towards their own home.

"So, Ruby, are you and Weiss together or just close friends?"

"She's actually my wife. We got married last night," I said.

"Congratulations!" Kali said.

"Thank you," Weiss said.

After a while of talking, we pulled into their driveway and headed inside. Ghira had unloaded the trunk along with Yang's help. They let us get settled in and we all came out to talk some more. About an hour into the conversation is when Blake was ready to tell them.

"Mom, dad, I need to tell you something."

"What is it, Blake?" Ghira asked,

Yang rested her hand on Blake's and held it tightly, reassuring her it was going to be ok.

"You're going to be grandparents," Blake said.

Kali's ears perked up and she smiled, a few tears dropping from her eyes. Ghira smiled.

"We can't wait to see him/her," Kali said.

"I'm so proud of you, Blake. Yang, thank you for giving Blake the most wonderful gift in the world," Ghira said.

"You're very welcome."

Around mid afternoon, Blake, Yang, Weiss, and I all walked around Menagerie, seeing where everything is, with the help of Blake of course. She showed us a few of the famous beaches, famous shopping center, and a few more attractions around here.

"The Faunus live here quietly and in peace. No one has ever disturbed our little oasis," Blake said.

"Knock on wood," Yang said and playfully knocked on my head.

We all laughed and continued our walk.

We all spent the afternoon walking around Menagerie that when we came back to Blake's we all went to bed early. While we were out, we agreed on going out to the beach in the morning for a walk and then change into our bathing suits and head back out. In the morning, all of us took a walk on the beach, watching the sun rise slowly. After our walk, Ghira and Kali went into town to get a few things for lunch and dinner. While the rest of us changed and headed back into the sea. Blake seemed a bit scared to go into the water at first, but after Yang had dragged her in, she enjoyed it. A few hours went by and we headed back, took showers, and just hung out in the living area.

~1 week~

Spending time in Menagerie was fun, but sadly we had to say goodbye to everyone. Yang wished us a safe flight to Atlas as well as Blake and Kali. Ghira wished us farewell and we got onto the plane to head to Atlas.

"Excited to see Winter?" I asked Weiss.

"Yeah. It'll be nice to see them once again."

"The flight is going to be long. Let's get some sleep."

~Atlas~

"Nice to see you again, Ms. Rose," Jacques said. "Actually, Ms. Schnee-Rose," he corrected himself.

"That name has a nice ring to it," Winter said.

"Why wouldn't you just stick with your last name, Weiss?" Whitley asked.

"We never could agree on our last name, so we just combined ours. Since it is the name of the Vale base, we decided to just go with that as well," Weiss said.

"Schnee-Rose. Sounds far too long," Whitley sneered.

"My last name, not yours, Whitley," said Weiss.

We were having dinner with Weiss's family. And I was already uncomfortable with Whitley being there. Everyone else was fine, but Whitley was being a total asshole. (That's never going to change.)

"How long will you be in Atlas, Weiss?" Winter asked.

"For a week. We spent a week in Menagerie so we're going to spend a week here."

"You're in luck. A few famous celebrities are going to be taking a tour of the Atlas' base of the company. Would you like to attend the after party?" Jacques asked.

"I would love to, father, but I would just want to spend the time with Ruby."

"I understand."

After dinner was over, we checked into our hotel and unpacked for a bit. Afterwards, I pushed Weiss onto the bed and kissed her roughly. My hands snaked underneath her shirt and lifted it above her head. I took my shirt off and kissed her neck.

"Ruby, please," Weiss pleaded.

"Don't worry, baby, I won't hurt you," I said.

I left a few hickeys here and there and everything from there on felt like it flashed before my eyes. We crawled underneath the covers, panting and breathing heavily. Weiss rested her head on my shoulder and my arms wrapped around her.

"Round 2?"

Weiss smirked, "You know it."