Chapter 2

It was a long drive to Atlas. At least 5 hours or more in the car. It was a long time to prepare and get ready for the interview. When we finally got there, Jacques was standing outside, waiting you us. I grabbed everything I needed and walked up towards him.

"Miss. Rose. A pleasure to see you."

"I'm honored to be in such presences such as yours, Mr. Schnee."

He gave a faint smile and turned on his heels, waving his hand for me to follow. I walked after him, butterflies in my stomach.

"Good luck, Ruby!" Yang said.

I smiled back at her and walked into the building, where I saw Winter, Weiss, and their younger brother.

"Miss. Rose, I'd like to introduce you to my daughters and son. The oldest and who is going to take over the Mistral base: Winter Schnee. My second oldest, who will be taking the position of manager of the Vale base: Weiss Schnee. And my youngest, who is most likely to be taking over this base in a matter of a couple years: Whitley Schnee."

"It's nice to meet all of you," I said.

They all nodded, except for Weiss. Her eyes were averted elsewhere but towards me. Jacques walked towards the elevator. I hurried alongside him and the doors soon closed.

"I don't see why you must do this, Weiss," said Winter.

"I know father will place in the Vale headquarter. He already has to deal with one here, why deal with another?"

"Look, if you're talking about Yang, they're no way related other than through their father's blood. Look, think of it this way, all you have to do is either ignore her, or deal with her. That's what father always taught me."

Weiss sighed and walked towards the elevator.

"You know, if you do this, you might not become the manager of the Vale base. Just a thought."

Weiss sighed once more and hit the button, taking her to the confrence room.

"Now, Miss. Rose. Explain to me why you applied here?"

"My sister recommended it to me. She said that I would like what you offer."

"And what is it that you think my company will offer?"

"Hands on experience with making products. You know, what everyone needs to protect themselves with, everyday products, and anything to benefit the people of Remnant. I'd always wanted to help people. That was sort of my calling."

"Have you have any hands on experience?"

"I have. My Uncle taught me how to make my very own weapon."

"And what is it?"

"I brought it with me if you'd like to see."

"I'd love to see what you have created."

I reached behind my back and pulled out the folded form of Crescent Rose. I was about to unfold it carefully when the door burst open. I was startled and pressed the button harder than I thought. Crescent Rose unfolded and I lost my balance and it landed smack into the table, spear wedged into the middle and the scythe was sticking up. Weiss smirked and left. That's what all she needed to do to make her father see her point. 

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for that to happen. I can fix the table if you need me to."

"No, don't take it out just yet. What a magnificent piece of weaponry. You have a gift I haven't seen elsewhere," Jacques said.

"R-really?"

"Really. The only person who I've seen with this type of handy work is Oscar. What can it do?"

"Well, it can cut things with ease and it has a high impact sniper rifle."

"Wonderful. You're hired."

"I-I am?"

"Yes. You will be working on creating new inventions for our company as well as overseeing making what you have created."

"When you say that, does that mean I can also make it?"

"Yes. You will be placed in the Vale base."

"Thank you, Mr. Jacques."

"I look forward on seeing your ideas, Miss. Rose," he said.

I smiled as I grabbed Crescent Rose from the table. I folded her back up and placed it back in the case.

"It was a pleasure meeting you," I said.

"As to you. Your sister is waiting in the lobby to take you back home."

I smiled and headed towards the elevator. The doors opened up and Weiss was there. She had a scowl on her face and her head was held high.

"I'm sure my father made the right call."

"What right call?"

"On not hiring you."

"I got the job. I'm being placed in Vale."

"What?"

"Yeah. Looks like I'll be seeing you on my first day."

I faintly smiled as she stormed out of the elevator and into the confrence room. I hurried inside and pressed the button to go to the lobby.

"Why did you hire her? I thought I suggested not to," Weiss said.

"This is my company, Weiss, and if you want to be placed where the factories and building headbase is, I suggest we don't argue this any further."

Weiss sneered at her father and headed out of the confrence room and towards her office. 

"How did it go?" Yang asked.

"Better than I had expected."

"Tell me everything once we get in the car."

"Ok."

"Really? I didn't think that would happen."

"The door opened up and it startled me. I thought someone was there, but when no one came in, I thought someone walked in and saw we were having a meeting. After that happened, he asked me about Crescent Rose and he hired me."

"Wow. That wasn't how my interview went."

"You told me about it. Was better than mine."

Yang smiled, "I told you he'd be impressed with Crescent Rose."

"Most people are."

"I'm proud of you, Ruby. Mom would be too if she were here."

"Yeah. I'm going to write to her about it."

"I think she'll find it amusing from what you told me."

I playfully hit her on her shoulder and looked out the window. My dream was going to come true in a matter of weeks. My first day was in a couple of weeks, and I can't wait to get started.

"I have a few ideas."

"Let's hear them."

I explained Yang what I was thinking and the rest of the car trip was nothing but excitement and bouncing ideas off of each other.