Chapter 4

A couple of years have passed ever since Weiss had taken the lead on the Vale headquarters. It had been harder to get out ideas passed by her. We ended up having to pass the idea of our car to her. It took a lot of time, but we had managed. And because of that, our schedule was completely thrown off and now, we're a year behind on releasing the car. There were multiple complaints about it not being released on the day we had said it would be. Yang was then discharged from the Atlas headquarter and placed to the one in Vale. I ride with her to and from work. Both of us complaining about Weiss and how she's running the place.

"She's worse than I thought she would be," I said to Yang.

"Jacques is much better at the one in Atlas. I don't know how it will change once Whitley is in position. Wonder how Winter is doing in the one in Mistral."

"Going to work is now becoming one thing I dread each and everyday. Don't get me wrong, but I love working with Velvet, Coco, Fox, Ren, Nora, Jaune, and many other great people I got to know there, but Weiss has made work difficult for me."

"Don't worry, Ruby. You'll make it through."

~After Work~

I made my way down to the lobby to see Weiss and Yang standing there. Yang had a bit of a displeased look on her face while Weiss had a look that said I was taking too long and wasting her time.

"Yang, what's going on?"

"Weiss wants to come to the house. She wants to discuss about the company."

"Ok," I sighed and walked out of the building with them.

The car ride was unbearable. It was complete silence. Weiss did not want to listen to the playlist Yang and I listen to everyday. When we got home, she came in and Tai was a little taken back.

"Oh, Ms. Schnee. What a pleasure it is for such presence to come to this household. If I may ask, what is the occasion?"

"I need to discuss some things about the company with Ruby."

"I will let you two discuss then."

"Ruby, I'd like to see where you come up with these ideas."

"Sure," I said nervously.

I headed up the stairs and she followed. I opened up the door to my room and realized everything was a mess.

"Please excuse the mess in here. If I would of known you were coming today, I would have made it neater. Anyway, this is where I get my ideas."

"In your room?"

"Yeah. I just sit in here, look out the window, and think of what I can come up with. My bulletin board is filled with blueprints and ideas."

Weiss looked at my bulletin board and then noticed the box and unfinished letter on my desk. Shit! I forgot to put that away. She walked over and picked it up, reading it carefully.

"Ruby, this letter."

"I know. I should of put it away."

"No, it's so full of emotion. Who's it for?"

"My mother."

"What about the box here on your desk. Is that full of letters to you mom?"

"Yes."

"Ruby, why don't you send her these letters. I think she'd love to read them. She probably cries when she does."

"Weiss."