Chapter 7

When we had gotten back from our lunch break, I immediately headed to the basement. I found Velvet sitting at her work bench, back facing everyone. I walked over to her, almost scaring her into oblivion.

"Velvet?"

She jumped out of her skin, making her bunny ears twitch slightly.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

"It's fine. I got the bottom box finished. I think you can take it from here."

She handed me the bottom and blueprints.

"Thank you so much, Velvet."

"It was no problem."

"When is Weiss letting people leave early?"

"Around 4."

I looked up at the clock. 1:23. I had about three hours to work on this.

"Thanks again, Velvet."

I headed towards my workbench and started working. When two hours had passed by, Yang came down to the basement.

"I'm heading out, Ruby."

"Mhmm."

"You good there, Rubes?"

"I'm working on Weiss's Christmas gift. I'm almost done."

"How long have you been working on that?"

"About two hours."

"Damn, Ruby, you get your work done."

"Yeah."

"Well, I'll see you at home. Blake is staying over tonight."

"Let me guess, in your room?"

"What makes you think that?"

"Come on,Yang."

"Yeah, she is. Anyway, I'm heading out."

"See ya."

All of my co-workers headed out around 3:55. I was still putting the finishing touches on the box. When it was all done, it was close to 4:15. I grabbed the box and put it in a bag. I headed up stairs and into the lobby to find Weiss standing there.

"Hey, Weiss."

"Ruby, you're still here?"

"Yeah. Was just finishing up."

"Ok. I'll see you tomorrow. What time should I be at your house?"

"Around 12."

"Alright. I'll see you then."

I walked towards her, kissed the top of her head, and smiled, "See you then."

"Oh come on, you can do better than that," she said, grabbing the collar of my shirt. She pulled me towards her face to where my forehead was touching her's.

"Think so?" I asked.

She gave me a small kiss on my nose, "I know so."

I smirked and kissed her, which she kindly returned. We parted after a few seconds and I walked off to my car.

"See you tomorrow, Weiss."

"See you tomorrow, Ruby."

I got in and drove off towards home, wanting tomorrow to come sooner. When I got home, I ran upstairs and got everything ready. I wrapped presents quickly, but making it look pretty. I placed them under the tree and headed back upstairs. Weiss's box was sitting on my desk, waiting to be wrapped. I took my time wrapping the present and placed it in my drawer. Afterwards, I grabbed a piece of paper and picked up my pencil and began writing.

"Hey mom,

Christmas is tomorrow. I hope you're having a great time up there. Do you celebrate Christmas as well? I hope to know this question later in life. I don't need to know the answer right now. Weiss and I are together now. It took a lot of courage to ask her. I wonder how it felt when you asked Tai, or if Tai asked you. Anyway, I miss you and Merry Christmas, mom.

With lots of love,

Ruby."

I placed the letter in an envelope and placed it in my box of letters I had written. I looked at the clock to see 6:40. I got up and headed to the kitchen. Father wasn't home yet, so I decided to make myself some soup for dinner. After thirty minutes in, Yang and Blake came down stairs.

"Something smells good," Yang said.

"Just making some soup. Want some?" I asked.

"Sure. Want any, Blake?" Yang asked.

"Sure. Do you think you can add some tuna in?"

"Yeah."

I walked over to the pantry and found a can of tuna. When the soup was ready, I got three bowls and poured some in to each. In the third bowl, I added in the tuna for Blake. I placed their bowls in front of them.

"Bowl appetite," I said. (If you watch Rooster Teeth's animated adventures, and saw the episode with Barb's puns, you know the reference.)

Yang snickered slightly, "Hey, I'm the one who comes up with shitty puns."

Blake smiled and shook her head at my joke. After dinner, I changed and got ready for bed. Tomorrow was going to be a fun day.

~Morning~

I got up after hearing a loud bang on my door. My dad and uncle came bursting through the door. Qrow was obviously drunk from last night's game.

"Merry Christmas!"

"Qrow, are you drunk again?"

"Maybe."

"Mind your uncle, Ruby. Your sister and Blake are downstairs. Weiss is coming soon."

"She is? I said 12."

"Well, she called this morning saying her father and brother weren't home and her sister is going out of town and Winter is dropping her off."

"At what time?"

"Thirty minutes."

"Thirty minutes?!"

I got up, opened my drawer and pulled out the wrapped box. I headed downstairs to see Yang and Blake on the couch.

"Morning, Ruby," said Blake.

"Morning, Blake. Merry Christmas, Yang."

"Merry Christmas to you, Rubes."

"When's Weiss coming over?" Blake asked.

"About twenty minutes."

"So are we waiting for her?"

"I think Raven is coming, Yang."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Qrow is going to drag her here."

"That is going to be a sight to see."

"I know right."

Sitting around for fifteen minutes, there was the sound of a car door closing. I got up and headed outside.

"Ruby, put some shoes on first!" Yang cried from the living room.

"Don't have time," I said as I ran towards the door to see Weiss.

I opened the door and headed out.

"Weiss!"

"Ruby! Put something on your feet! It's freezing out here!"

I ran up to her, wrapped my arms around her neck, and placed my head in her shoulder.

"I love you, Weiss."

"I love you too, Ruby."