Special: Chapter 16 AU

A/N: So if you read the title of this chapter, it is a special chapter. It's also going to be an AU(Alternate Universe). My plan with this chapter is that it isn't going to follow the story line of the other chapters. This is a standalone chapter. I hope you guys like it and thank you for the 100 reads!

"Ruby, are you ready for combat?" Yang asked, holding a rifle to her chest.

"You know I'm always ready, Yang," I gasped as I finished off the last rogue soldier.

"This war has been going on for a while now," Yang huffed.

"That's what happens when there are a lot of people trying to protect, yet save the asset."

"Who are we saving again, I forget," Yang said as she shot a sniper in the head.

"The Queen, the most important person to call off the war."

"How was she kidnnaped anyway?" Yang yelled over the sound of her rifle shooting.

"She was stolen in the dead of night. A few Faunus grabbed her when she was asleep. Apparently, the side we're fighting, was unhappy with the way she was running the Dust mines and distrubution of dust. The area we're in wanted more than the Queen wanted to give them."

"How do you know so much, Ruby?"

"While you're out working, I picked up a job working for the Queen herself. I've been working with her for three years!"

"Vacuo is really vast and full of mountains. I can't seem to see if anyone is out there."

"The Queen had requested I entered the war to get her."

"So you're on a special mission?" Yang asked, putting her back up against a rock.

I ran towards a different rock, checking the surroundings before going to another, "You could say that."

"Do you like the Queen?"

"Well, she is pretty."

"So you do?"

"Not in that way, Yang. Why are you fighting?"

"I want to help our side."

"But isn't Blake worried that you won't come home?"

"She does worry about that, but I assure her that I will."

"Let's hope you do, Yang."

After a few weeks of killing off Faunus, humans, and Grimm, Yang and I were getting closer to where they were hiding the Queen. We were walking around a forest at night. There were a few Grimm sightings, but none that we saw in person. We made it out of the woods and was instantly ambushed.

"Back into the woods!" Yang called.

We both ran back into the woods and took for cover. Yang and I hid in a bush, trying to shoot at the people who had attacked. There were about five of them. We shot and killed two, leaving only three of them to wonder where we were. One started to randomly fire and he ended up shooting Yang in the shoulder and right forearm. I sneered and shot him in the leg. He fell down, crying for help from the other two remaining. I shot the one in the head and the other in the neck, leaving the wounded guy. I took the last shot and killed him, landing the bullet right between his eyes.

"Let's go," I whispered to Yang.

She nodded and grabbed her rifle. We trudged out of the woods to see an open area.

"The closest healing tent is just up here. We're getting close, Yang," I said.

"Let's hurry," she mumbled.

I grabbed a bandanna from my pocket and wrapped it around her forearm.

"You're going to be ok, Yang."

We continued our walk until we reached the healers tent. We rushed inside and Yang was treated almost on the spot. She was done with the war. She was going to be sent home that night.

"Win this war, Ruby," she said.

I can remember her voice, replaying in my head. I had to win this war. And I was alone. I was alone for the rest of the war there. When I reached the top of the hill, I saw the base where the Queen was held. There weren't as many guards outside, but there were many on the inside. From where I was, I knelt down low and started shooting like a sniper. I killed most of the men standing there and I made my way into the guarded area. I was crawling around, trying not to be seen. I made my way to the doors and shot them open. Running in, there were guards after me. While I was running through the corridors, there were guards running at me. One shot the rifle out of my hands. I sighed and grabbed my back up weapon from behind me.

I was reading a book, sitting on the couch with a single lamp on. There hasn't been any updates of the war, Yang, and Ruby. I was really worried for them. I would read everynight, waiting for her to come home. We've been married for two years and with a single child. She'd always want her mother to come walking through those doors in her uniform. She wanted to see her return, saying that we won the war. I dozed off for a while until I heard footsteps coming from the stairs.

"Mommy! Mommy! Wake up, wake up!"

"I'm up, dear. What's wrong?"

"Someone pulled into the driveway."

I got up and walked towards the door. I opened up the door to see a wild mane of yellow hair. A sweet smile flashed back at me and who couldn't forget those lilac eyes.

"Yang!"

"I'm home, kitten."

I jumped into her arms, putting my head in her shoulder.

"I'm glad you're ok! I'm glad you're safe," I sobbed.

"I'm glad you're ok, Blake," Yang said.

"Mom! Mom! You're home!"

I pulled away and Mei wormed her way into hug. She hugged her mother's leg. Yang smiled and picked her up. Her cat ears twitched as she got to see her.

"I'm glad both of you are safe," Yang said.

I smiled and kissed her. Mei covered her eyes and made a gagging sound. We broke away and laughed, walking into the house.

I grabbed Cresent Rose from behind and swiped at the guards with the scythe end. The people coming from behind were stabbed with the butt end, which was a spear. I managed to get through and run towards where the Queen was held. I locked the doors behind me and found myself in the center of the base. There was a lone door facing me. I opened it up and walked in. I saw the Queen standing with shackles on her wrists. She looked up and smiled, happy to see me. I walked over and used Cresent Rose to cut the shackles off. I closed it up and placed it behind me.

"Ruby," Weiss said.

"Weiss, good to see you."

"You're late."

I smiled and wrapped my hands around her neck. Her's wrapped around my waist and our foreheads touched.

"I'm never late."

Our lips met each others and for a good minute, we stood there, making out with each other. I pulled away and called the general.

"I got her, general."

"Great! Sending a helicopter to get you guys!"

"Looks like you ended the war, Ruby."

I smiled, "Looks like I did."

~Hey guys! I hope you liked this AU special chapter! I thought it was a good special chapter I had written. And thanks again for the 100 reads! BAAAAAAIII!!!!!!!!!!