Chapter 5

A/N: Just a side note, this picture at the top is soo cool! It's a future version of Weiss and Ruby! Anyway, on with the show!

When tomorrow night rolled around, I was going to meet Weiss at a small resturaunt that Yang had suggested. She was going to drive us there and back. I was getting ready when I heard the doorbell ring. Shit! I was running late! I quickly got my clothes on and headed down the stairs. Yang had answered the door and Weiss had walked in when I got to the bottom of the stairs. She was wearing black leggings with a white top that had a snowflake pattern. Her hair was pulled up in her normal ponytail. And she had on boots. Meanwhile, I was dressed in black jeans, a red sweater, beanie, and Converse.

"Ready, Weiss?"

"I think so."

"Since I can't drive yet, Yang will be escorting us tonight. I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all."

We all got into her car and headed out. Once we got there, Weiss and I walked in. We got a table right away. After ordering, we just talked about our childhood, funny memories, and anything we could to get to know each other.

"Weiss, I've been meaning to ask you, when did you get that scar?" (For the record, I am making this up. RWBY fans still don't know how Weiss got her scar.)

"I was abused when I was a child. My father would hit, slap, punch, kick, anything to pyhsically and mentally harm me. My sister was the only person who could've helped me at that time. My mother is just like yours. She died when I was younger."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's fine. I usually hide it sometimes. I don't want people to see it."

"I think it looks neat."

"What?"

"I think your scar looks really cool. You shouldn't hide it. It's a part of who you are."

"You really think so?"

I nodded and smiled, "Yes."

She smiled and the night continued onwards after that. The waiter had placed the check on the table.

"I got it," I said.

"Ruby, I think I should at least put half in."

"Nope."

"How about a tip?"

"Fine," I smiled.

Afterwards, Yang was there in the parking lot ready to take Weiss home. It was such a nice night to sit down with her and just talk. When Yang pulled up into the driveway, I got out and walked Weiss up to the door.

"You didn't have to get out, Ruby. Besides, it's getting cold out here."

"Just wanted to make sure you got up here safely."

She smiled and shook her head.

"I'll see you at work," she said.

"Yeah," I said.

We both stood there a bit nervously, wondering what we should do. I slowly opened my arms up to hug her, but Weiss was already a step ahead of me. Her arms wrapped around my waist and mine wrapped around her neck.

"It was nice, just the two of us."

"Yeah, I agree."

Before she pulled away, her soft lips met my cheek. She then pulled away when the door opened up.

"Weiss, glad to see you're ok," Whitley said.

"Hi, Whitley," Weiss said annoyed.

"Come, father is waiting for you."