A Midnight Role Play

Author's Note:

Hello! It's been taking a while to draft this chapter, but I wanted to put forth a chapter that I'm happy with -- hence the delay. Here's hoping that you enjoy reading the chapter ahead! On another note, thank you for the 8K views and counting, you guys are so awesome!

End July 2017

(Three hours later)

"Hmph, this is the moment I dread the most."

A pout was quick to form on the lower of Hyungsik's lips, replacing his cheerful smile. Having dropped Taehyung home just a moment ago, the two of us were now left alone in the car parked outside the street of my studio.

"I know... me too," I held on to his hands, tugging it playfully.

He smacked his lips, letting out a long sigh, "Three hours is just too short. It's not enough."

"I guess that can't be helped when I am dating a Hallyu star," I smiled shyly as I pronounced our relationship.

Hyungsik bit his lips, conflicted between embarrassment and disappointment. It took him a moment before he spoke again, and when he did, I had to hold my breath.

"Tell me you don't want me to go."

His eyes were not playing, like they usually are. Neither were they perplexed. He was searching eagerly for my facial expressions, any sign that would give him the answer. I felt his thumb gently stroking the top of my hand, as he waited, and waited.

Although I was keeping my exterior composure, by looking calm and unaffected by his words, my insides were about to be blown up. What was he thinking?

"Sik, your body needs rest. You should go home," I chided softly.

"Yes, it does. And I'm too tired to drive home. Look at the time," Hyungsik's eyes wandered briefly to my watch, and his naturally long eyelashes that moved with his eyes temporarily fried my brain.

It was slightly after half past one in the morning, with neither of us were looking forward to parting. But still, it was our very first musical stage tomorrow evening, together as Sam and Molly, and we both needed to get some sleep.

"One drink, Sik," I compromised, "You can come in for a hot drink, but you should go home after that."

A glimmer of hope overtook Hyungsik's pupils, before he noticeably suppressed his excitement. "Col (Deal)!"

It didn't take long for us to park the car in the basement parking, and climbed up to the floor of my studio. Once we were in my place, however, Hyungsik started acting up.

Walking cautiously towards my bed, Hyungsik turned around and eyed me expectantly, "Actually, I was thinking. Instead of a hot drink, can we... uhh... run through the script? I feel like I'm forgetting some things, since I went to the fan meeting. I just want to be sure I don't forget my lines on stage."

Putting down my bag on the side of my mini table, I couldn't help but to burst out laughing. Whatever it was, he was making his case obvious. I played along as I crossed my arms, "Park Hyungsik forgets his lines? Really?"

"Yes... I'm only human," he shrugged, shamelessly taking a seat on my bed. "I hope you don't mind me sitting on the bed. It's just much more comfortable than the floor. And you wouldn't let your boyfriend sit on the floor, would you?"

I shot him a look, but I couldn't bring myself to say no.

"Sit with me, Hyeyeon."

I do, but not before collecting my script from the study table. "Here. Which particular scene are you thinking of running through?"