Wonder Woman Vibes

"Some women fear the fire. Some women simply become it." – R. H. Sin

Philip watched Rhowette from where he sat at the bar as she danced and laughed around with Fiona, Sasha and Tara. He could still feel how speechless he had been rendered when she had come down with Fiona in that white ripped jeans and dark blue off shoulder top. On its own the outfit was nothing special, but on Rhowette it was a whole new ball game. It was just by sheer luck that he seemed to cover up the extent to which she affected him before any of the others realized.

"You do realize you've been nursing that virgin cocktail for quite a while now right?"

Philip lazily turned to look at Garret, "You do realize that I'm one of the designated drivers for tonight right?"

"Oh puuhhleease, the only reason you're still holding that glass is because your attention is totally glued on some blonde hottie." Jason hollered as he staggered up to them looking quite on the way to getting drunk.

"Aren't you supposed to be on driving duty tonight?" Philip asked, ignoring his comment.

"Josh said he'd drive in my place."

"Good for you then," Philip murmured before turning his eyes back to the dance floor only to find Fiona and Rhowette missing.

Feeling anxious, he downed his drink quickly and stood up to find them. Wading through the crowd, he entered into a different section of the club and scanned through the masses of people who had gathered around the tables to gamble but he didn't see any trace of halo girl and his rather annoying pixie of a best friend.

Pulling himself out of there, he went towards the VIP section where he knew Daniel would mostly likely be. He always booked one for the group and right now Philip was hoping the girls had decided to retire there. Looking into one of the booths, he caught sight of Daniel making out with some random girl and a rather disgusted Fiona who was trying to get some man whore to stop talking to her.

Philip made his way towards Fiona who had her back to him and the man whore who was bugging her quickly scurried away after catching a glimpse of Philips expression. On cue Fiona turned and let out a sign of relief.

"Wheeew, I owe you one Phil."

With a grunt of acknowledgement Philip asked sternly, "Where is Rhowette?"

"She said she was going to the washroom. Why what is the matter?"

"Nothing at all. I'll be back and by the moon goddess please don't end up breaking anyone's bones like the last time. I saw how close you were to ripping out that guys tongue."

Fiona grinned, "I'll be on my best behavior as long as my douche of a brother detaches himself from that walking STD."

With a chuckle, Philip turned and headed upstairs where the washrooms where only to come to a stop as he took in the sight before him. The rage consumed him and the adrenaline coursed through his veins causing all sensible thoughts to fly out of his mind.

But just as fast as the rage had taken over, it was suddenly doused with pride and admiration for his Halo girl who had just kicked the precious jewels of some really drunk guy before turning to calm down the frightened brunette who was leaning against the wall with parts of her shirt and rather short skirt being roughly torn.

Philip had gotten there just in time to see Rhowette shout at the guy who had been manhandling the brunette. He had watched the guy shout at Rhowette to mind her own business just before Rhowette shoved him from the side and away from the brunette. In a drunken stupor, the man had attempted to hit Rhowette only to redirect his hands to clutching his groin area after a solid knee jerk from Rhowette. Now the two girl were headed in his direction although they were yet to acknowledge his presence.

Rhowette had done her best to calm the girl and was now heading towards the stairs and away from the girls assailant when she saw Philip leaning against the wall and watching them. She stopped right beside him and murmured a take care to the still shaken brunette that went down the stairs before turning her attention to Philip.

"Want me to finish him off for you?" Philip asked as he nodded in the direction of the now passed out man. He had probably had too much to drink.

"Nerh, its fine. I'm sure his hangover tomorrow will teach him a good lesson."

"Spoken like a true wonder woman. You definitely need no knight in shining armor."

"Talking about knights in shining armor, I never really properly thanked you for saving me that night did I?"

"There is no need to Rhow. Which knight in shining armor accuses the damsel in distress when she just wakes up from a blackout?" Philip uttered feeling flustered all of a sudden, "Do you want to get some air?"

"Definitely. Crowds and alcohol is just not my kind of thing."

"A woman after my own heart." Philip exclaimed dramatically, causing Rhowette to double over in laughter.

Chuckling, he took her hand and led her downstairs and through a corridor to a back door that opened up to a woodsy garden of sorts.

"A club with a Victorian styled garden. Who would have thought?" Rhowette gasped in surprise.

"This club is pretty unconventional. Come, let me show you something."

With that, Philip pulled Rhowette through the maze of a garden to the very center that had a beautiful fountain whose waters glistened in the moon light.

"It's beautiful"

"You're beautiful"

Rhowette felt her breath catch at his words. Had they been standing awfully close all this time? And why did it seem like she was being drawn to him. Like a moth to a flame. Philip's face seemed to gently close in on hers. He was just a breath away and Rhowette felt as though the air around them was charged with energy. Charged with energy. Those words jolted her system and Rhowette suddenly pulled back.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi loves, I know its been a while (I really use this statement a lot huh?). Any way, do vote, comment and share. And thanks sooo much for the votes so far. You are all awesome. Till next time, much love.

KellaYebba.