Chapter 26: Mercy

Avery's P.O.V

"What did he do now? He better not  have fired you, or--" Alex started making threats, but was quickly interrupted by Stella.

"No! God no! He... he was in an accident sir... I-I just found out because one of the members of the board called me, a woman, with a British accent." Stella said as she wiped away her tears.

"Wha-what do you mean an accident?" Alex seemed thrown off by this new information, as if he couldn't wrap his head around the whole ordeal. I remained silent, letting the broken woman speak.

"He... you know, how your father gets sometimes, a bit emotional, and," she said as if looking for the right words or any words really.

"Tell me already Stella,"  Alex said impatiently, though being respectful of the frail woman.

"I have no idea why or how, but he was driving like a manic and he got into an accident, he's right now in the ER at Mercy. Go see him." She urged.

Suddenly, Alex's unsettling expression disappeared and was replaced by a cold stoic mask. "Oh, in that case I'll make sure he's taken care of..." He said dismissively.

"I know you guys have your differences, but he's your father, for Pete's sake, Alexander Caleb McKay!" Stella tried reasoning with the hard-headed boy.

"A father that does not care for me Stella! You, Cami and I can attest for that, we all know it! The last time he ever acted like my dad was a long, long time ago... That man, that monster that now lives with us, does not care for anyone but himself. The company he built, the things that he buys, even our lives... everything he's made it about him. Or tell me, do you think he cares that I don't want to be the next heir to his precious empire? He doesn't! Never has, never will! Why should I care?" He said full of resentment.

"Because then you'd become everything you detest. You'd become a self-centered egoistic brat. Care about that?" I said this time. I know it was wrong for me to jump in the middle of a fight that clearly wasn't mine, but I wasn't about to stand on the sidelines and let Alex ruin what's left of his relationship with his father, to the point of no return.  

"Ava, you don't know what you're talking about. You saw my father the other day, you saw how he was, and that was just a glimpse, a sliver of how he is entirely. God, all the things that he's done, unspeakable things. How can you ask me to go see that monster?" He said sounding a little lost yet maintaining his hard mask.

"You need to forgive him, you'll go no where holding a grudge against him." I defended my point.

"Easier said than done." He said as he looked at the floor averting my gaze.

"Trust me, no one has a picture perfect family, I get that." I said softly and understandingly as I placed my hand on his shoulder comfortingly. He looked up at me, his eyes focused on me with laser precision.

His olive orbs shone with an indescribable emotion, that said so little but so much at the same time.

He hugged me and held onto our embrace for dear life. His body's warmth intertwining with mine.

He then kissed the top of my head, "I'll do it; for you." He whispered.

"I can go with you, but this is something you need to do for yourself, not for some girl you met a month ago." I whispered, afraid that if I somehow did something differently he'd change his mind.

"You're not just 'some girl' Ava. You're mine bella, my Ava." He said as he pulled away and gave me a look of adoration and a smirk.

I chuckled with mirth. "Whatever, just don't call me that though..." I gave him a soft smile but my face said that I meant it.

"Call you what?" He played dumb, yet the look on his face gave him away.

"Please call me when you have some news, I'll be here, waiting." Stella said suddenly. I forgot that she was still here...

"Will do Stella, thank you, you are dismissed." Alex said.

"Excuse me." She said and left, closing the door behind her.

"So what was it again that I shouldn't call you?" He faked going into thought as he hugged me from behind.

"Ava, bella, mine... All of those." I said with determination.

He brushed his lips against the crook of my neck and layered it with feather like kisses that made my skin get goosebumps.

"But it's the truth. You are bella, because you're extremely beautiful. You're mine and I like calling you  Ava." He whispered as he went on to nibbling my earlobe and going back to my neck. This is torture, I don't know how long I'll be able to put up with this.

"W-we can't do this right now Alex." I said breathlessly, "We have to go to the Hospital and, and..." I was at a loss for words as he found my weak spot, and blissfully took care of it. Sinful sounds escaped my mouth.

"See, all mine." He kissed my neck one last time, and walked in front of me towards the door until he noticed that I wasn't following.

"You coming or what?" He asked as he looked back to me.

"Yeah, yeah..." I nagged as I walked up to him and followed his trail.

We walked out of the guest house, into the main house. We went through the kitchen,  and to the garage where we got inside one of Alex's cars.

"You have a challenger?" I asked as I buckled the seat belt.

"Oh bella I'm full of surprises..." He answered with a smirk.

With that we drove off, tearing down the streets.

******

A/N:

Well that's that. The story is intensifying, so it'll reach its crispy climax. Hoped you guys liked this chapter and how the story is turning out. Leave a comment if you have any suggestions or opinions.

Pretty please leave a like and share.

Lots of love and virtual hugs,

~Abby