Chapter 12: Late Pass

Avery's P.O.V

Cami's house was closer to school than to my house. I was already inside school by 8:10 just in time for late bell. I ran through the main hallway like a maniac, rushing as mush as possible to be the earliest I could be inside the classroom. I reached homeroom and caught my breath. I pushed passed the door, immediately getting all eyes on me and the attention of everyone including the teacher. "Ms. Miller would you care to explain your tardiness?" The teacher interrogated, as the whole class stared. "Uh, um, My a-alarm clock hadn't gone off, and I-I-I couldn't have woken up without it?" I stated, more as a question than an answer. "You know the rules and you know tardiness is  inacceptable. Or tell me Ms. Patterson is it acceptable that Ms. Miller here thinks she can come and go as she pleases?" He asked the teacher's pet and the schools biggest snob, Amy Patterson. Ever since I got here I had always been told to stay away from Amy, mainly because she's basically a snobby ass bitch, who thinks she's the smartest human being in the whole word, but also because she has this huge obsessive crush on Alex.

She fixed her glasses with her index finger and raised her stare to me. She gave me a glare and a mischievous sly smile and said "Um, actually Mr. S is correct. Ms. Miller has no wright to firstly interrupt our learning process and secondly to disrespect all of us with her tardiness." I rolled my eyes at her statement and looked at the teacher that was staring at Amy with eyes of praise. "Well, Ms. Miller go to the office to get your late permission slip and I'll be seeing you in detention," said the teacher.  I opened my mouth to disagree, but no words came out, so I just closed it and with furrowed eyebrows walked back out the way I came.

I walked down the empty halls wondering where Cami, Alex, Chris, Dave and Emma where. I got to the office and reached the counter to talk to the lady behind it. "Good Morning! What can I help you with today?" Said the middle aged woman. "Um, I need a late pass." I said doubtful.  "Sure! Tell me your name, homeroom teacher and your grade," she said nicely. "Uh, I'm Avery Miller, I'm on 12th grade--" "Let me guess your with Mr. Shultz." She cut me off. "How did you know..." I softly muttered. "He's the only teacher who sends students in," she paused to look at her watch "5 minutes after late bell. Don't worry about it though, he's a cranky old man." I softly chuckled at her reassurance and kept thinking about Amy and why is she like that. No wonder she has no friends. Only that little club of hers. "Future Leaders of the Free Country" or as I like to call them "Future Losers of the Freak Country." I don't hate her though. It just infatuates me how she thinks so highly of her self. Like I get your mom is a senator and your dad is a neurologist, but that doesn't give you the wright to make others feel bad you know. "Hmhrrr!" the lady cleared her throat, getting me out of my thoughts. "Thank you!" I said taking the late pass from her hand and walking towards the door. I pushed open the door and let it close behind me. I walk through still empty quiet hall, when suddenly I bump into something hard.

****

A/N:

Short update, but whatever! I love you all! Thank you for reading! Now, tell me. What has been your craziest experience with a teacher or what has been the craziest or most irrational thing a teacher of yours has done?  I want to hear all about it in the comments.  Smile because you're beautiful!

Love you lots,

~Abby