Chapter 22: Let's Get Even

Avery's P.O.V

I could feel the sunlight in my eyes. I had been trying to fall back to sleep for the last three minutes. I refused to open my eyes, because I just had this feeling that the moment I would, I'd wake up to something completely bizarre. After all with Alex anything is possible. For all I know we could be in a different state, or a different city. Ultimately the last thing I remember is a really long car ride and a really pissed off and kinda jealous Alex. On second thought I should probably wake up. What if he brought me somewhere far away to rape me or kill me, I mean I barely know the guy and chances are that he could be a serial killer or a rapist. Yeah let's wake up. 

I opened my eyes to a room I didn't recognize. The walls were white and the bedding were tones of beige and tan. The wall that was right in front of me was a floor to ceiling glass panel. That called my attention.

I moved the sheets out of the way and got up from bed. I walked up to it, unable to resist my curiosity. I moved the curtains to the side, because they were blocking the view. I had unveiled  one of the most amazing bay views I had ever seen. From the window you could see the beautiful bright celeurian Pacific Ocean and the yellow sun as it sat on its horizon. It was certainly a million dollar view.  It really wasn't an everyday thing. Or at least not for me.

I felt arms snake around my waist from behind me, and my back clash onto a hard chest. My heart skipped as I was startled. Looking at the reflection in the window, I saw a smirking idiot.

"I was enjoying the view, you know..." I said smugly.

"Was? As in past tense?" He asked knowingly.

"Yeah, I was enjoying the view until a smirk asshole grabbed my waist and overshadowed the window." I gave him a smart-ass answer.

"Well this smirking asshole has some good news..." At the mention of good news I turned around. Only now realizing how close Alex's face was actually to mine. His hands were still lingering on my waist as we made eye contact.

He visually gulped making his Adams Apple bob down and back up to its original place. I cleared my throat, in a way trying to tell him to continue.

"Well today after school we're getting the stuff that you wanted to get from your house. I can see how Camilla's daily three hours of getting ready can get tiring." He said as a small smile lingered on his pink lips.

"Really?!" I asked excitedly and in disbelief. He simply nodded confirming it.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I said and practically sprinted onto him. It caught him by surprise at first but then he hugged me back.

We parted the hug and that's when I remembered the reason behind waking up. I don't know where I am and not only that. I can't seem to remember anything after the long drive from the drug store to the mansion.

"Would you mind if I ask some questions?" I said as his hands dropped to his sides and I walked towards the bed, sitting on it. I patted the space next to me for him to sit down. Did I fail to mention that once again Alex is in nothing but some sweats? Black ones this time.

"Sure detective Miller." He answered rolling his eyes playfully, sitting down next to me. 

"I'm serious Alex..." I said trying to sound stern but mostly failing as Alex couldn't ever be intimidated by me. Starting with my height compared to his and the fact that he could carry me like a feather. 

"Where are we? Why don't I remember anything other than getting in the car and leaving towards your house?" I asked him.

"Well we're in the guest house of my house, that should give you a clue. You fell asleep that's probably why you don't remember much of last night... And that's about it.Honestly, you shouldn't be complaining, I had to carry you up from the car, into the house, through the yard, into the guest house, up the stairs and into the room.Plus I placed you in this really comfy bed, I could've just as easily left you sleeping in the car." I gave him an awkward look whilst I held onto my shoulder. Some twenty-ish seconds of silence passed and he gave a pointed look as if he could see right through me. That scared me, no one needs to carry the burden that I do.  Soon a smirk came a top his features.