14: My Little Secret

Start from the beginning

" Okay. Give me a kiss before you go. " I give him a quick peck before noticing the time.

" I gotta go. See you later Emon. " I rush down the stairs to my car. I can't afford to be late or miss this class. Once I was in the car I started it up. I stare up at Emon's house thinking to myself. I know a slight part of me wanted this, but now that I actually have it I feel weird. This should be a pretty normal feeling I guess. I pull off down the road heading towards my house.

Images of last night flooded into my head. We didn't have sex, but shared a level of intimacy with each other. He'd given me the affection I've been missing out on as of late. Emon wasn't my type before, but he slowly molded into someone I could see myself with. I guess now we have to determine what we want to do with each other.

I trust the words he says to me. There is also so little I know about him. Maybe time will tell of us interacting. We've been knowing each for about four months now. Now this situation is going to be hard to bypass or erase from memory. We are surely going to have to have a conversation about it. He seems pretty adamant about his place with me.

Before long I was in the front of my house. Mom's car was in the driveway. I didn't waste any time getting out of the car. I really couldn't afford to be late today. I open up the garage with the remote going through the door. Didn't feel the need to go up the porch. I open the garage door entering the theatre. I walk through getting into the house. The kitchen light was on. I closed the door walking through.

" Where the hell have you been boy? " Mom's voice rang from around the corner in the dining room.

Almost got away with it.

" I ended up spending the night with one of my friends. " I reply walking to where she was.

" Which friend was it? " She asks.

" You don't know this friend. " I answer.

" Hmm. " She mumbles. " Next time you want to spend a night away with a boy you are fucking for the night. You call me, or send me a text so I'll know where you are. "

" Yes, ma'am. Why are you still here? Thought you had to be at work? "

" I took a sick day. I have to run a few errands today. Don't you have to be in class today? "

" Yeah. I need to change my clothes and brush my teeth then I'm gone. " I start to head off for the stairs.

" Have a great day my love. " She shouts.

- - - - - - - - - -

" Where were you all night that you couldn't respond to my phone call? " Imari asks, after the professor was done with the lecture.

" I ended up falling asleep. I was going to call you back, but time got away from me. "

" I'm sure it did. " He grins.

I stop writing looking over at him. " What's that supposed to mean? "

" I called your mom last night because you weren't answering. She told me you didn't even come home last night. "

She knows no loyalty!

" I ended up hanging out with one of my other friends and lost track of time Imari. "

" As your Best friend I know when you are lying, and I don't think you should be. We are better than that. You spent the night with Brison. It's okay to tell me. "

Oh, that's who he thinks it was! " You're right. I know you don't like him, and I just didn't want to hear your mouth. "

" I told you that you would go back to him eventually. I don't even know why you got worked up about it. "