9: All In My Head

Start from the beginning

"Tristian you didn't hear me?" He says catching me off guard.

"Huh?" I look around seeing him standing next to me with his sweaty shirt still on. Did I just have a whole fantasy about him? Weird.

"I said help me with this." He motioned for me to come with him as we went to a weight bench.

"My bad. I was somewhere else." I laughed, awkwardly.

"I could tell." He stopped by the weights changing the size on the bar. Always trying to show out I swear. "I just need you to spot me. I want to do 30 reps then we can switch."

30? He's insane. "Okay." I nodded as he was about to lay onto the bench.

"Hol'up" He says, stepping back to remove his shirt. I shivered lowly at the thought of my daydream coming true. That man is a whole thirst trap. "Alright I'm ready. My shirt was getting too sweaty."

"I could smell." I joked placing my finger under my nostrils.

"Shut up Punk." He laid into the bench taking a hold of the weight bar as I stood over him.

He began to lift the weights. He closed his eyes as he counted silently to himself. All I could think of was how much better it would be if I was sitting on his lap. Well technically they would hurt more than help.

"So what you been up to bro?" He asks. "You be rushing out of class when I see you." He asked continuing to lift the weights.

"Nothing really. I finally finished that book report. I love how Tutilier allow us to write about any book we wanted. I found a good book on this app." I explain.

He grunted as the weights became heavier for him. I notice he'd gotten to twenty now. "Oh yeah? What app? I wrote my report about this boy who was in love with his teacher and ended up stalking her."

"Why the hell?" My face twisted up in confusion.

"It made sense at the time." He shrugged. "Help me out with this." He directed pushing the weights upwards as we placed the at back onto the rack. He sat upwards wiping the sweat from his face and shoulders.

"I wrote my story about this book I read on this app called Wattpad. It was called Fall For Your Type. It's a LGBT book but it spoke volumes to me." I thought back to the story, and some of the events I could relate to. I would actually love to meet some of the people from the story if they existed.

"Send me that link." He stands up walking past me.

"I didn't take you for the type that would be into that type of literature." I take a seat on the bench waiting for him to change the weights on the bar for me. I'm too pretty to do heavy lifting.

"I want to learn more about your community. Having knowledge makes you aware of certain things." He explains while changing the weights.

"Right." I mumble. "Oh! I meant to tell you!"

"What?" He asked with eyebrow raised.

"So I came across a story on there. The person writing it is using our pictures as characters. I don't know how they got them."

"Really?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed. "I went to it though it only has like four chapters. Somebody called your name ugly." I laughed behind my hand.

"Damn. Somebody got me like that?" He joked.

"Yep. I was like it's a cute name. Especially because you're named after that guy who sung that song."