8: Who Can I Run To?

Comincia dall'inizio

My finger hovered over the button as I hesitated to answer. My mind was telling me no, but my heart was urging me to listen. Foolishly I answered. "What you want man?" She began to go on to this whole spiel about how sorry she was. I didn't care too much for any more of her explanations. "One day Iyesha you gonna realize that all of the shit I do. That you take for granted... Somebody else will accept with open arms." I pull the phone from my ear ending the call. I wish I'd have never answered.

I sit my phone aside cupping my face on my hands. I see two feet in front of me as I look up. Tristian was standing there with some blankets, a pillow, and two glasses.

"Ready for that alcohol now?" He hands me the items as he sat a little ways beside me. I pop open the champagne pouring some into his glass and mines. We touch our glasses as we both take a sip.

"How'd your call go? I know you went and called him back." I asked placing my glass down.

"I actually didn't call back. I went to put my phone on the charger, and grab you a blanket. I heard the tail end of your conversation and didn't want to intrude." He says, and I look away wondering how much did he hear. "I know I said I wouldn't ask you about it, but talking helps. What's going on Emon?"

"Nothing that I can't handle." I grab the glass taking another sip. I was honestly trying to avoid telling him about my situation after I have already denied his questions.

"Okay. If you don't want advice I'll just go to bed." He stands up to exit. I grab his arm on impulse pulling him back down.

Once he was seated I release his arm. "Okay I'll tell you." I sigh. He adjusts his position on the sofa turning towards me with his glass in hand. "I don't even know where to start."

"Where you want to." He replies.

"Okay. I'm dealing with this female right? We have been talking for a minute. I really care about her, and I want to try to make it work with us. Today was the anniversary of us meeting. I wanted to do something special for her, and hopefully after months of no sex she'd love on me."

"Mhm." He nods.

"She forgot about the anniversary and me in general. It's been a disconnect for a huge while, but I want to fight for us. I just don't know if she feel the same anymore. Am I stupid for trying to cling on to it?"

He finishes the last of the liquid in his glass. I pour him some more before he speaks. "I don't think you're stupid. You may just still love her. Anything real is worth fighting for. If she is pulling away from you then you have to look at her signs she's showing you."

"That's just it! She has days where she's all up on me. There are also days when she pays me no mind. I know I sound like a sucker, but I crave that attention too." I could feel myself opening up a little more. He was really a good listener. The way he sat with his ears perked up engaged with every word.

"I understand. I am in the same boat with the person I am dealing with! It's like you want to hold out hope that they'll change. She's going to have to realize that eventually you'll start seeking emotional and physical support somewhere else. It's going to hurt her because she'll be witnessing it with her own two eyes. I encourage you to work on better communication with her. A talk is definitely something you two should have."

"You're right. I haven't cheated on her or even though about doing it. I been jacking my dick for damn near five months now. I was holding out for her during a period where she wasn't up for sex. She complained talking about she was getting fat, and that she didn't think I was sexually attracted to her anymore."

He eyes averted from me. "Too much information." He laughed, wryly. "But That's a damn shame. I steer clear of sex topics. I only have sex with people that I have a strong connection with. Unfortunately, that's no one at this time."