8: Who Can I Run To?

Start from the beginning

"Oh! So it's bland?" I bring my hand up to mouth. "You trying to joan?"

"No I'm not." He giggled. "You did good with this though." He nodded taking another bite.

"I appreciate that." I smiled. We both ate silently for a few seconds. He stood up going over to their display of movies.

"What are you in the mood to watch? Horror? Comedy? Thriller?" He kept naming genres as I listened.

"Let's do Horror. You pick a movie." He looked over the selections grabbing one out of the bunch.

"A scary comedy!" He says. He sets the TV up for the DVD as I continue eating. I watch his whole process not saying a thing. When the DVD screen showed up he stood looking around. "Hand me that remote." He pointed to the little remote sitting on the edge of the nearest table. I grabbed it tossing it to his direction.

He turned back to the TV bending over to place the Movie in. I turned my head away not wanting to relive the events that occurred last time. Once the screen loaded he returned to his seat near me. He began back eating and controlling the TV. The movie started to play as the surround sound blasted out. He adjusted the volume a bit after noticing my slight discomfort.

"What Movie is this?" I asked sliding my tray to the side. I was full at this point.

He finished his last few bites before speaking. "This is 2001 Maniacs. My mom likes to buy unknown movies sometimes. This movie just so happened to be good."

"I never heard of it." I reply, looking back towards the TV. We start to watch it. For what it was worth it was actually really entertaining. Tristian attention to the screen was sporadic because of him receiving text messages on his phone.

A call came through as his screen lit up. He silenced the phone answering it. "Hello." He whispered. I guess he was trying to show respect for me watching the movie. "I just told you what I was doing. I'm watching a movie."

I looked over at him. His feet were now curled up onto the sofa. I stood to throw away my waste in the trash bin. I was slightly hot, so I removed my shirt leaving me in my white tee. I glanced back as Tristian wasn't paying me any mind.

"No you cannot come over here!" He laughed. "I'm here with one my friends." He says.

I could tell by the blush on his face that he was talking to some dude. I know it's probably the dude he's not in a serious situation with. I ain't up for no extra visitors, so he'd better dead whatever the person on the phone was trying to do.

"You don't know him though. Last time I checked I was single. I can have friends, and the man is straight so stop talking like that." He groaned rubbing his head frustrated.

"Hang up on that nigga if he making you mad." I say, placing my shoes in a corner. He looked at me briefly ignoring what I said. I slide down my jeans to be left in my basketball shorts. I feel much more comfortable now.

"I don't understand why you getting mad at me though. Until you wise up and make me yours I'm going to do me."

I could tell he was getting annoyed. I walked over snatching the phone from his hand. He looked at me as if I'd lost my mind. I placed the phone to my ear. His dude was on the phone cursing up a storm. "Ayo you need to chill with all of that cursing. You making my homie mad over here. Call him back when you learn how to talk to him right. I'm hanging up now." I end the call giving Tristian his phone back.

"Why would you do that?" He sighed. "I was just letting him vent."

"Because you don't need to put up with that shit." I focus back onto the TV. He stands up and exits the room. I watch him as he walks out. Was it something I said? I continued to watch the movie. For a hot while he didn't come back into the room. My phone started ring next. I looked at the name seeing Iyesha on the call.