Chapter 20

Shala POV

Stirring up the cheesy grits, I gotten a spoon full, and poured onto Terrence plate. Terrence made it to Atlanta around five in the morning. Because of his tired flight, I decided to make him breakfast and coffee. Holding the tray close to my chest, I opened the room door with my free hand. '' You need help with that?'', he asked from the bed. I shook my head no,'' No. I'm not handicap babe'' I placed his food onto his lap, and turned on the nightstand lamp.

Grits, bacon, eggs, and honey biscuits. That's Terrence favs all in one. Grabbing his spoon, he digs right in with no hesitation. Since the little argument my cousin and I gotten into, I've been bothered with the statement she made. ''We never thought of you to be the selfish one Sha'la'' . Like who in the hell is we? Who she been talking to about me? Terrence specifically told me that he'll wait on me, no matter what. No pressure what so ever. So who is we?

''You heard me Shae?'' I looked up to realize that Terrence have been talking to me. ''Huh? I'm sorry?'' He chuckles,'' I said that the show were great'' Coming to my senses I realized that he's talking about the fashion show. ''Oh was it? How the models do?'' He took a bite out of his bacon,'' They did fantastic. I was a little nervous for Miya, but she pulled it off'' A smile soon formed upon my face. Miya Romano has the worst walk in the company. The only reason she gotten the job of being a model is because she takes nice pictures, and she has a well put together personality.

''Babe that's Good. I wish I was there'', I exclaimed. He nod his head, ''I know right. And Sasha sh- . His voice trailed off. She what? Furrowing my brows, I waited for him to finish his sentence. ''She what?'' ''Sh-She did good as well'', he mumbled out. My brows raised, ''Not like she ever do bad Terrence'',I replied sarcastically. Getting up from the bed, I go to my suitcase, and takes out my jogging suit. ''What's that suppose to mean?'', he speaks. Do he dare challenge me? I meant exactly what I said. ''Terrence it's self explanatory'' He shook his head, '' Ok Shala. How is Dominic?'', he ask changing the subject.

''He's still in the coma, so that'll tell you''. Pulling up my pants, I grab my IPhone off the dresser, and walked back over to the bed. ''Damn man. I'll go and see him today. Where's Nakai?'' ''She's with him. She's not leaving Dominic side'', I respond. He sighs, leaving an awkward silence between us. ''Hey can I use your headphones?'', I asked breaking the silence between us. ''Um, sure. It's in my bag'' I nod my head ok, and didn't bothered to get up and get them.

''Terrence, can I ask you a question'' Before I caught myself, I realized that he already answered yes. ''Um, do you think that I'm selfish for not wanting to have your child yet?'' His brows raised, ''Huh?'' I rolled my eyes, ''Terrence don't play dumb. You heard me'' He slipped the tray off his lap, and scooped me in his arms. ''Baby where did you get that from?'' ''Naomi and I were talking and- ''Naomi?'' I nod my head, ''Yeah, Naomi. She said that we never thought of you to be the selfish one''

''Listen, Naomi and I talked during fashion week. And I may had said a couple of things, but selfish wasn't one of them'',he conffesed. Thrown off-guard , I hopped off his lap and crossed my arms. ''You what?'' ''Sha'la she asked and I told her. Don't be acting like that!',he exclaimed' Our business is our business. I don't care if Jesus asked himself, I would've been pissed like now. ''If you have a problem with me or about my decisions, you come and talk to me! Last time I check you're not marrying Naomi!'', I barked.

Not wanting to continue the argument, he dropped his head into his palms, rubbing his temples. ''Would you like to know what I said'', he uttered. I backed up slowly, with a grim look on my face. ''Nah. I can just ask Naomi right?'' Turning around, I ran down the hallway to the elevator, and made it to the bottom floor. A jog is what I need right about now.

5 hours later.

''Yall can go home Shae. We'll be fine'',Nakai promised. I shook my head no. ''No Kai. Dominic is fam. Im not leaving till he's fi- ''He's Fine!'', she yells. Caught off gaurd, I listened. Getting her composure,she sighs. ''Im sorry for yelling, okay.'' I nodd my head, not wanting to talk. ''It's just that I'm tired of getting everyone's sympathy. I know you guys are just here to be supportive,but I got people that I dont even like coming to me asking me questions. Now that I think about it, I dont need nobody feeling bad for me. His little hoes and groupies sending me messages, saying how bad they feel for me, when in reality these bitches want to see me down. Dominic is okay. He's not going to die. I pray everyday and night, asking God to spare my husband's life'' Her voice soon cracked. Fanning her face,a tear soon trickled down her cheek.