Dear Diary: Twenty-Nine

Eren's Point of View: KoKo_Buni

School. 

Just the thing that I hated entirely. What would I even use my education for? They teach us about Pythagoras and trigonometry rather than teaching us about things that actually matter. If I could express my anger to such useless topics then, quite frankly, I would be explaining all day. 

I had awoken early in the morning, the sun glaring down upon my body, throwing me awake as I groaned frustratedly. I stumbled down the stairs to get to the bathroom, taking a quick, fifteen minute, shower as I felt relieved beneath the scorching water that slithered down my skin. As I raked my hand through my hair, I noticed that it was getting progressively longer and untameable. I shrugged it off, stepping out of the shower with a sigh. 

My stomach screamed for food, but I decided to leave it empty and I merely made a cup of coffee to soothe my throat and wake me up so I didn't look like a... zombie. 

Once I was ready for school, hell, I grabbed my bag and started walking. Even though the sun was glaring down at me, the air was icy and caused goosebumps to form along my arms, a shiver running down my spine. 

Knitting my eyebrows, I quickly looked at the time upon my phone, freaking out as I realised I was late to meet Armin at the school gate. The blonde worried a lot, so I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't there. 

But, as I ran towards the school gate exasperatedly, I saw Armin leaning against the school wall, a smile across his lips as he saw me. I waved enthusiastically, forcing a smile as I ran towards him, "hi Armin." I said, slinging my arm around his frail shoulders as we walked into school together, questioning stares from the students that I hated so much. 

"Hello, Eren. Have you found your diary yet?" Armin asked, raising his eyebrow as I visibly stiffened. "Uhm... not yet, but I'm sure I will. Plus, if I can't find it, I'll just buy a new one and start over. If I do find it, I might, you know, burn it or something." I chuckled nervously, confusion evident upon Armin's face as his electric-blue eyes were laced with bewilderment. 

Tilting his head, he said; "why? I thought your diary meant everything to you?" Armin questioned, in which I shrugged my shoulders and struggled to voice my thoughts that drowned my mind. 

"It does, it really does, which is why I will burn it. I mean, knowing that someone else has read through everything and that someone else, basically, knows my thoughts terrifies me. I would rather burn it so nobody can trace it back to me. Not even you read my diary, Armin, and you're my best friend! But... someone random read my diary, and it makes me feel sick!" I yelled, voice echoing throughout the school halls, surprised that nobody heard what I said. 

If they did, I would be, well, sent to the councilor if someone discovered what my diary said. 

And, quite frankly, I was terrified that someone would give my diary to our councilor and then they, somehow, discover it's my handwriting and then everyone pretends to feel bad for me. Everyone would pretend to care, but nobody actually does. Everyone is too concerned about themselves to actually care about others. 

"I-I guess that, oddly, does make sense." Armin stuttered, smiling as I removed my arm from his shoulders, sighing as questions flooded my mind. Questions that I knew I would never get the answer to. And, honestly, it both pissed me off and made my anxiety surface. Though, what didn't? 

When the bell chimed, I waved goodbye to Armin and went to my first class: maths. Just what I needed to make me agitated. Groaning, I walked into the maths classroom, taking my rightful seat at the back of the room, grabbing my books from my bag as I merely doodled in the corners. 

"Eren, stop doodling in your school book." The teacher snapped, arm upon her hip as she averted her attention towards me rather than the class. Snapping my head upwards, I shrugged and sighed—my usual all-too-cautious attitude diminished and I became too careless to care. Yet I knew I would care too much later on. But, alas, in that moment of time, nothing really mattered to me. 

"Well, it's not like you actually teach us anything that we need." I stated dryly, continuing to doodle as I refused to.glance at my teacher. "Get out. Sit outside, I'll talk to you after class, and I'll see you in detention later." She hollered, pointing towards the door as I began to pack up my things, dragging myself outside. 

I situated myself upon the floor beside the door, laughing at myself until my mind drifted. Maybe, just maybe, I would see Levi in detention. It was a stupid thought, but if I continued to misbehave and 'accidentally' saw Levi in every detention then I could get to know him better without looking like some creepy stalker. 

Why did I care is much about getting to know Levi? Everyone saw him as such a bad person, but I knew different; I could see that he was a good person in a cliché kind of way, but it was true. Maybe I could ask him to hello me find my diary, but in an indirect kind of way. 

For the rest of maths, I sat outside the classroom and hoped I would see Levi walking past. I pondered about why I even cared, but I decided it didn't matter. I just wanted to know everything about him. 

That's what normal friends are like, right?