Ch. 32 - A New Start

They ran.

The eyes of doctors and nurses and others followed them. Eun-ha and the boys looked like they raided the hospital. Once they got into the right hall, they saw Eun-ha's mother outside, sitting on one of the benches with her hands on her face.

"Umma... Where's appa?", Eun-ha rushes to her and kneels in front of her with worry. "Umma...", she shakes her mother's shoulders repetitively. "Tell me that Jun is lying. He's lying right?", she smiled nervously, hoping.

Sun-hee sets her hands down. Her makeup was smeared and her face became wrinkly from stress. "Eun-ha, baby, before you go in there, I'll tell you what your appa said.", she takes a breath and wraps her arms around her daughter, cradling her head. "Appa loved your performance. He said you grew into a fine young lady and you made him really proud. He wants you to do whatever as long as you're happy and have nothing to hold you back.", Sun-hee huffs and caresses her daughter's hair. "Appa loves you."

Eun-ha drowns in tears and hugs her mother. Her little sobs turned into loud, raspy cries. She slowly stands up and entered the room.

With Sun-hee's request, the doctors left Kyu-hwang's corpse uncovered for a while till her daughter finishes.

Eun-ha slowly approaches her father's corpse and sits on the edge of the bed. Her father looked peaceful. "Appa...", she sniffed and takes her father's cold hands. "Did you see me on stage? Umma said you loved it..."

The boys entered the room quietly with Sun-hee's permission and kept their distance from the father and daughter. They bowed their heads. Jimin, V and J-Hope were crying for Eun-ha. Suga and Rapmon held back. While Jin held Jungkook's hand, telling him that he's doing well in holding back as well.

"Appa, I didn't get to sing your other song on stage. I would sing it for you right now but I want to sing something else for you, as a gift.", Eun-ha sways her body back and forth, looking up to the ceiling to balance her tears.

Eun-ha:
Jeonhae jugo shipeo seulpeun shigani

Da heuteojin hueya deullijiman
Nuneul gamkko neukkyeo bwa Umjigineun maeum neoreul Hyanghan nae nunppicheul
Teukbyeolhan gijeogeul gidariji ma
Nunapeseon uriye geochin gireun
Al su eomneun miraewa byeok Bakkuji ana pogihal su eopseo
Byeonchi aneul sarangeuro jikyeo Jweo sangcheo ibeun nae mamkkaji
Shiseon sogeseo mareun piryo eopseo
Meomchweojeo beorin i shigan

Saranghae neol i neukkim idaero
geuryeo watteon hemaeime kkeut
I sesang sogeseo banbokdweneun
Seulpeum ijen annyeong
Sumaneun al su eomneun gil soge
Himihan bicheul nan jjochaga
Eonjekkajirado hamkkehaneun geoya dashi mannan naye sege

"Saranghae, saranghae, saranghae... Saranghae, saranghae, saranghae... Saranghae, saranghae, saranghae... Sarang... Hae.", Eun-ha couldn't finish the rest of the song before she bursts into tears. "Appa, I'm sorry I couldn't sing you your other song. Wah!", she screams and lays her arms and head on her father's chest.