12

Jinyoung is surprised that Mark didn't follow them out of the room. Hes surprised that he didn't come right down here and try to kill them anyways. Hes absolutely amazed that this seems to be working out for him. He could handle a little bit of scorn if it meant getting people to hang out with everyday. People to take care of.

But Jinyoung doubts this will be good news to them. He paces the hallway for a long time just thinking of a way to tell them, a way that will make them want to stay with him just as much as he wants to stay with them. Jackson merely watches him pace, he hadn't thought this far ahead either.

"They aren't going to want to stay..." Jinyoung remarks, stopping to look at Jackson, already hearing Mark saying 'I told you so, why couldn't you just listen?'.

"They might..." Jackson trails off, not believing his own words and now trying to think of a way as well "we could always lie"

"I really don't want to...." He knows it's one way, probably the only way but still.

"Neither do I, but the truth isn't ideal" Jackson leans against the wall "but you're right being lied to doesn't feel great"

They're both thinking of the same example but neither of them mention it, preferring to crush it back down in their memories. Instead Jinyoung simply nods in agreement, leaning against the wall next to Jackson. Yugyeom isn't with them, opting to retire to his room rather than share the news.

"I have an idea..." Jinyoung says reluctantly, he really didn't want to lie, but this might be a good one.

"What do you mean?" Youngjae asks, staying back against the bed with BamBam behind him, both a little wary of Jackson.

"Well, Jiwon called and he can't take you right now so we have to host you for a while longer but he wants you moved to a new room, one that is nicer" Jinyoung finishes, walking closer while Jackson hangs out by the door.

Youngjae reaches out his hand once he is close enough, his eyes still on Jackson.

"It's okay JaeJae, he won't hurt you" Jinyoung whispers, surprising Youngjae enough to make him look at him, he's never called him that before. BamBam is the only one has ever called him by a nickname "Sorry, is the name okay?"

Youngjae nods, letting Jinyoung pull him off the bed and into a hug.

"Bammie..." Jinyoung tests out the name, keeping himself from sighing in relief when BamBam slides off the bed and into his other arm. "It will be more comfortable in the new room, less stuffy, brighter"

Youngjae giggles at that last part, burying his face in Jinyoungs shirt. Going with Jiwon sounds awful; not that Jiwon was ever mean to him, there was just something incredibly off about him. This just made it more obvious. As it were—if he couldn't go home— he would rather stay with Jinyoung. A new room definitely sounds nice too.

"Mark—" BamBam chokes out in question. Staying with Jinyoung does sound nicer, but not Mark.

"He won't touch you, I promise. He won't even look at you, I swear" Which are two things that Jinyoung definitely can't promise. Mostly because he knows that if he tells Mark to stay away the first thing Mark will do is run down to their room and hurt BamBam or at least scare the hell out of him. And even if he doesn't tell him, no doubt eventually Mark would come to see them. He would try regardless to keep Mark away and maybe Jackson could help him with that. "Let me and Jackson prepare the room, then I will come back down and get you and bring you up and we can get you settled with lunch, alright?"