16

Yugyeom doesn't make it home until 3am. No surprise that hes the only one awake. He leaves his shoes on the shoe rack, walking into the kitchen with slow steps. He's so tired, one of his buttons broken off his shirt, blood dribbling around the collar, probably on his black vest as well, but he can't see it. He has a huge black eye and a cut on his swollen bottom lip. He opens the freezer, pulling out an ice pack and wrapping it in a hand towel before pressing it against his eye. He hisses against the cold.

There was a fight between two customers tonight, he ended up trying to break it up when the bouncer couldn't. It went okay, he got them outside without breaking more than a table, but he also got these as trophies for his trouble. It did help with pity tips, but he doesn't consider it a win. He's very glad his job at the school ended, he would hate for the kids to see him with this.

He pulls out the plate Jinyoung left him, heating it up in the microwave. Deciding he wants some milk as well, he grabs out a glass and the milk, watching the microwave carefully so he can open it before it beeps and wakes up the whole house. When its done, he takes his plate to the table, coming back for the glass on a second trip so he doesn't have to take the ice pack off.

"You're back late" Mark says from the door, making Yugyeom choke as the milk goes down the wrong tube. Mark turns on the light, and Yugyeom winces. "What the fuck happened? Who did this?" Mark is on him in a second, moving the ice pack away to see the bruise, touching his fingers against his lip gently to check the cut, his brows furrowed in anger.

"Some customers at the bar, its not a big deal"

"What the fuck do you guys have bouncers for if they aren't doing their damn jobs? What kind of place is Henry running that he can just—" Mark cuts himself off, going into a rant he doesn't need to be exploring. He settles for muttering it to himself under his breath as he goes into their shared bathroom, grabbing out Vaseline to put on Yugyeom's lip.

He sits down next to Yugyeom, scooping a small amount on his finger, telling Yugyeom to turn his head so he can apply it.

"Can I eat first? That stuff will make the curry taste weird"

"Do you smear the curry on your lips before you eat it? It will be fine, and if that spice gets into this cut, you'll regret it, turn towards me"

Yugyeom sighs, but does as hes told, Mark is at least right about the spice.

"Hyung, I discovered something today~" Yugyeom sing songs, suddenly remembering what he wanted to tell Jaebum.

"That you guys need new bouncers?"

"No, Zelo does fine. I found out that Henry and Lee are involved with Kris"

Mark perks up at the mention of Lee and Kris—especially Kris. Their history isn't great. "You saw Lee? How did you find that out?"

"Henry asked me to get a box out of his office, it had lots of pictures it in it, among other things" Yugyeom pulls his phone from his pocket, he took lots of pictures of what was in that box. "Drugs were in there too, needles and shit, I took only one picture of those, but look at this," He hands his phone to Mark. "What do you think Lee wants with those?"

"No idea, Jaebum might, Henry was giving these to Lee? Along with drugs?" This had to be a mistake. Lee sells drugs. But Yugyeom nods.

"He asked me to bring him the whole box" Yugyeom takes a bite of his curry as Mark stares at his phone, scrolling through the pictures.

"That doesn't sound right..." Mark mutters to himself. Lee may have fallen pretty hard in the last few years, especially with Bobby picking up business and taking out competitors left and right, but stooping to this level... Mark never thought he would.