'Joshua Mitchell!' Eleanor Mitchell raised her chin, with her hands on her hips. 'Do you mind telling me what happed to your uniform?'

'It rained mum, there were messy puddles everywhere. It was unavoidable.' That was pretty much close to the truth. It had rained. There had been muddy puddles of water almost everywhere.

'You better get that uniform washed immediately. You don't have another clean set.'

'Yes mum,' Josh dusted his feet as best he could and walked to the laundry room.

As Josh passed his sister's bedroom, he could not help notice the scowl on her face.

'Okay, I'm probably going to regret asking, but why the long face?' Josh popped his head into his sister's room.

'Why you walking around shirtless and in your boxers, Mr. USA?'

'You think so?' Josh flexed, inspecting his non- existent six pack.

Shanna laughed at her stupid brother.

'About that long face then?' Josh questioned.

'I used to like math, that is until they started confusing me by adding the alphabet to it,' Shanna gave her brother a confused look.

'And here I was thinking, you were pondering on whether to ditch Troy Cassidy for Gerard Sans or vice versa.'

Troy and Gerard were the two hottest boys in school. Shanna secretly favoured Gerard, he was a Spanish hottie of note.

'Funny,' Shanna stuck her tongue out at her brother. 'You know both of them have girlfriends.'

'Flavour of the moment,' is what they are I think, and neither of them knows how to spell, let alone a two syllable word like "girlfriend."

Shanna had to agree. They were heavy in the brawn department, but were seriously academically challenged, still it did not sound nice coming from Josh's lips. 'Please go to your room. I have homework to finish.'

'You sound like my mother,' Josh ducked to his room, before his sister's missile missed him and landed on the door.

Pastor Ralph Mitchell's eyes narrowed ever so slightly when Josh arrived late at the dinner table. The narrowed eyes were the only ever indication Pastor Ralph displayed when something displeased him.

'Sorry,' Josh mumbled. He knew his father expected punctuality at the dinner table and dinner was always served at seven p.m. on the dot. He'd been busy playing on his Play station. Shanna had to text him to warn him he was late.

'It is your turn to say grace, Shanna,' Father Ralph smiled at his daughter adorably. One would think she was his blued eyed girl, but Father Ralph did not have favourites or so he maintained.

'Yes daddy, Shanna reached out her hands and joined it to her mom's and Josh's. As Shanna said grace, the Mitchells bowed and thanked God for their meal.

'So you going to that concert then?' Josh asked his sister as he helped himself to roast potatoes.

'What concert?' Pastor Ralph questioned

Shanna kicked her brother under the table.

Ouch!

'Um---it's a ---praise party some of the youth are raising funds to buy sports equipment.'

It was a fund raiser to buy sports equipment, but they would not be praising God, more like celebrating pop music.

'You should attend Shanna,' Pastor Mitchell smiled at his daughter. 'Let me know what the tickets cost.'