No. 30

"Hi, I'm Orabelle Dakota, I'm here for detention," Ora said to the sleepy Ancient Runes' professor as she tentatively entered the classroom. Sitting at the back of the classroom, his feet rebelliously lounging on the desk was Sirius, the only other person in their detention.

"Orabelle Dakota... oh good, we were beginning to think you weren't coming!"

"We?" She asked, furtively glancing at Sirius.

The professor clearly didn't pick up on what she meant, giving her a puzzled look, "What?... Well, don't just stand there, take a seat, take a seat!"

She whipped around, walking down a rows before deliberately and firmly, taking a seat several rows ahead of Sirius. Although she intended this as a statement of defiance, the Ancient Runes teacher mistook it for shyness and clapped his hands.

"Come on, don't be shy! Introduce yourself!"

"We both got put in detention for shouting at each other," Sirius sniggered, "Isn't it obvious that we know each other?"

"But we can still introduce ourselves," Ora replied, folding her arms, "Nice to meet you, what was it? Sergio Blick?"

"That's exactly right. And what were you again? Oralbelle Dickota - "

"HEY!"

"You called me Sergio Blick!"Sirius said as if that justified putting sexual innuendos into her name.

"Stop that!" The professor intervened, yawning widely which led to a few seconds of painful silence, "I understand that you may not be with your choice of detention partner right now but please stop acting out, I'm just trying to do my job and it's entitled sassy students like you that make it a hell of a lot harder!"

"Sorry," Ora replied sheepishly but Sirius only cocked his head slightly, attempting to stare the teacher out who looked more than a little unnerved. Despite the fact their relationship was pretty turbulent right now, a small laugh escaped Ora's lips which she hastily silenced by clamping her hands over her mouth.

"Okay, so we have Seventy N.E.W.T and O.W.L essays to mark and you two are going to mark them," The professor said, with a small satisfied smile as he put a large pile of parchments on Ora's desk.

"Ha, you have to do all the work," Sirius laughed at Ora, wrapping his hand on his empty desk as if to rub it in.

"Mr Black, that's not true," The professor replied, "Come on, don't be shy, come and sit next to her, you will be dividing the work evenly."

At first Sirius didn't move but after several moments, he stood up, huffing dramatically. Ora couldn't help but feel that he gave in far too easily, considering how stubborn he usually was. He resumed his former position of legs on the desk next to Ora, tilting his chair back precariously.

"Good, good," The professor said, slowly backing away to his desk before sitting down and placing his strange brown hat over his face.

"Aren't you going to supervise?" Ora asked but Sirius elbowed her quickly.

"No, don't do that!" Sirius hissed, "A sleeper is the best one. Haven't you ever been in detention before?"

"I have," She replied, stiffening defensively, "But I prefer it if I'm being observed. What if they don't watch and then make me do it all again? That's a very real possibility."

"Nah, you want a sleeper so you can slack off," Sirius replied, giving her an annoying smirk.

"Well, I don't intend to, I want to actually get these papers marked," She said, dumping the pile onto his desk and taking the first one off the top, "I'm boring and one dimensional, remember?"