No. 24

Although usually James and Lily spent their free in the common room, 'working', Lily was insistent that they actually had to work and had dragged them to the library instead which had given him the perfect opportunity to carry out Ora's plan.

Ora's plan, just like the girl herself, was devious, highly manipulative and involved a lot of lies which weren't quite lies... but kind of were. She had given herself the easier job in the first part, her only role was to keep track of how Lily was feeling when she hung out with them on a Thursday whilst Sirius had to carry out the complex lies. Lies were like second nature to him but the amount of layers that Ora had put into the final stage of the plan was confusing even him.

"Hey Lily, are you doing potions?" He whispered, having finally decided to take the library rules seriously after Ora had got him banned.

She glanced up from her paper, "Yep... considering you can literally see it on my work."

"Feel like it would be better to do that in the common room, you could get your travel sized cauldron out and everything," He suggested and she gave him a withering look.

"Come on, it's a nice change," She insisted.

"I'm just saying, we have all our best moments in the library," He replied with a shrug," And at the moment, the library just gives me bad memories."

"Me too," She admitted, "I'm beginning to associate this place with images of Dorcas rather graphically making out with Barty," She gave a slight shiver, "He's so young."

"I dated Seventh Years in Fifth year," Sirius replied, "I would tell you the stories but I feel vaguely uncomfortable telling them in front of all these strangers... I would tell you in the common room though."

"Let it go," She said with a small smile.

"You know, I've been thinking a lot about that conversation we had in the common room," He told her and she looked up with vague interest.

"Which one?"

"The one you told me to forget but I remembered anyway," He replied, lowering his voice as a sly smile crept onto his face. At this, Lily's eyes widened slightly but she quickly concealed her alarm.

"Luckily I forgot that one," She said, "Wouldn't want people to know about your daydreams, would you?"

She clearly had hoped this would end all conversation but Sirius was only just warming up. He had a lot of inferring and implying to do, he just hoped Lily wouldn't be too distracted by potions to miss his hints. He quickly realised that would not be a problem; although her quill was still on the paper, the writing had stopped and he had her attention.

"You know, I don't think I mind too much," He replied, "Mainly because... I told her already."

"You told Ora you had a strange daydream about the colour of her jumpers?" Lily asked, quirking an eyebrow at him, "Why?"

"Just to get it all out in the open, you know?" He said, the sly smile growing.

"Is that so?"

"That is so."

She opened her mouth to say something before putting her quill down on the paper, "So you told Ora everything?"

"Yep, it was hard not to considering that she's my friend," He said, trying to give her a slightly anxious look.

"Sirius Black, you had better not be saying what I think you're saying," She said, scowling at him, "That question, I asked about James asking me out was hypothetical."

"Hey, you're assuming something that I never said," He said, raising his hands, "And I know that but I mean... it kind of wasn't."

"Sirius Black, you had better not have told James about that conversation," She said, raising her voice slightly, "Because I will - "