Letting out a giggle, I gave an odd look of confusion. “Did you just growl? Like a dog?” I asked. Then I felt off. I went to step and he stood in front of me, blocking my pathway. I narrowed my eyes, “If you touch me, I will scratch your eyes out!” I spat.

He growled again, his mouth parted open and I couldn’t look away. He had teeth, big sharp teeth like fangs but not fangs. More canine like. As if he noticed my petrified reaction, he locked his mouth shut and clamped a hand over.

Walking backwards with a limp, I bumped against a hard body. My fear was out of control as I went to scream. Hands wrapped around me and pulled me close. Judd was here. He traced a finger over my neck and I shivered, relaxing slightly.

“Judd what the hell is going on?” I asked, spinning around to face him.

He didn’t speak, his eyes on the man behind me. “What the fuck have you done? You couldn’t have stayed away could you!” he thundered.

“She has a right to know. You’re pissing around the topic with your cock. Use your head boy, tell her,” his dad snarled back.

“No. I was going to tell her, but things came up and an unwanted attack came out of fucking nowhere. How they got onto the land without notice is what I have been trying to get to the bottom of! You don’t order her to do anything, none of you do! She is mine,” Judd’s voice boomed towards the end.

He took a step towards his father and slammed his back into the plastered wall. The frames beside his body fell to the floor with a shattering smash. “Calm down son, you’ll shift.”

Shift? Ok, this was so confusing. What the hell was going on?

Judd removed his hand and stalked off, “Outside now. Before I rip your throat out, father!”

As they were now in a heated discussion outside, quite far away which was being heard by everyone in the house. A woman caught my attention. The blonde who came to Judd’s the other evening. She wiggled her finger, motioning for me to follow. Stupidly, I did. Walking into a bathroom, she pulled out a bandage kit and kneeled in front of me.

“Judd’s always had a temper, that’s why we all stay away from him most the time,” she whispered in a hush.

“Judd?” I raised a brow.

Her eyes widened, “Oh, I mean Alpha. I’m only allowed to call him that when we’re alone.”

Jealousy was consuming my body. I couldn’t even push that aside. “You and him?” I asked quietly, not knowing if I wanted to know the answer or not.

“Yeah. I mean he and I have always been attracted to each other, we just don’t tell anyone. It’s not like we need the pack knowing about our relationship, once he marks me then I’ll be fully his. He wants pups and I can give them to him,” she took my leg and began to place a white bandage around my shins.

Pups? “I’m sorry, do you mean puppy dogs?” I was so confused.