Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Two months later we were saying goo buy to Olivia, Mike and Tom. We said goodbye to Meg and Nate the other week when the left for university. They are still together and happy. I was going to miss them so much.

I had planned with Olivia that we would come and visit her every summer. Sometimes we might go and visit during the year also. The next time I would probably see her is when our baby is born or when Alex and I get married.

"I'm going to miss you so much Olivia, you have been one of my bet friends and I love you," I cried, my pregnancy hormones had recently kicked in, so I was crying half the time.

"I love you too Ell. I'm going to miss you around here. I promise to be there for your baby's birth okay?" she hugged me tightly.

"Okay Olivia. We'd better go," I said climbing into Alex's packed car.

Tears rolled down my face as we waved goodbye to the people I had spent the last year and a half with. I was going to miss my time here that was for sure.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It took us nine hours to get home, including the six toilet stops I had to make. I am six months pregnant for gods sake. You'd never guess that though, I only started showing two weeks ago which is amazing because of how small I am.

Our first ultrasound was amazing. Our little baby was exactly sixteen weeks when we first saw him. We had our second last week, we are twenty five weeks pregnant. Our due date was at the end of February. We couldn't wait.

We decided not to find out the because we wanted to be surprise when he arrived. Personally I think we're having a boy but Alex thinks he's a girl.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

When we arrived home I was exhausted, all I wanted to do was get to bed.

"Baby you get to bed and I'll get everything in, okay?" I nodded at Alex thoughtfulness. I walked inside hugging Mum and Dad as I went upstairs. I changed into my pyjamas before getting into bed.

I fell into a light sleep quickly. The next thing I heard was, "What do you mean I have a child? That's not possible Victoria, we used protection every time." There was a short silence. "If he was mine why didn't you tell? No I don't believe that. I want a paternity test!" Again there was silence. "Of course you believe in paternity tests. I just want to know. I'll see you soon." He hung up the phone quickly. He throw it against the wall.

"Baby what's happening?" I asked walking towards him. Alex sat down on the bed with his head on his hands.

Alex took a big sigh before looking up at me. "Well Victoria said she had my child. She didn't want to tell me because she knew I was with you."

"How old is he?"

"Three months, there is a slight possibility that he is mine but we used protection every time."

"I know you did babe. It's gonna turn out alright I'm sure of it."

"If he is mine will everything be okay between us?" he asked worriedly.

I had no idea honestly. I didn't know if I could be with him, I didn't want my child to grow up in a mixed family. "I don't know Alex," I whispered. "I don't think I would be able to cope with knowing I'm not having your first baby."

I saw tears leak from his eyes. "Don't say that baby. I love you and our baby most. I'm so sure he's not mine, okay?"

"Okay. Can I sleep now," I said climbing back into bed with tears running down my face. I felt Alex climb in behind me and he snuggled close.

"I love Ell, love you baby," he whispered kissing the back of my head.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

When I woke up I headed downstairs. Mum was the first on to see me. "Sweetheart, are you alright?"

I felt the tears run down my cheeks as I ran into her arms. She rocked me back forth trying to calm me down.

"Tell me everything," she said. She sat me down on the sofa, her arms still tightly wrapped around me, her hands soothing my back.

"Alex has another child. I don't know if I can live with that."

"Oh baby," Mum cried. "Is he sure it's his?"

"No. He wants to take a paternity test."

"Smart boy," she said under her breath. "There is nothing you can do yet until he gets the test."

"I know Mum but I'm scared that he will leave m for the other baby."

"He won't he loves you too much. He loves your baby also." I breathed in her warm scent which calmed me down massively. "How big of a chance is the baby his?"

"He said he used protection every time but he slept with her a lot."

"You just have to trust him."

"I know Mum but its so hard right now."

"Hey can I talk to you for a minute," Alex voice suddenly appeared. I nodded slowly not moving from Mum. "Well Victoria called m again this morning saying that she will be here after Christmas. I was planning to get the test straight away, she doesn't know this yet. The test should come back after about two to three weeks."

"Okay."

"Where is this Victoria staying while she is here?" Mum asked Alex.

"Um... I was thinking she would stay in a hotel," Alex said back.

"Perfect!" Mum smiled. "I wouldn't want anything to hurt my baby."

"I agree," Alex smiled. "I wouldn't want to hurt my babies more than I already have."

"You haven't hurt us, you've just upset us," I said getting up to kiss him lightly. "We love you, no matter what."

"Love you too baby."