Chapter 1

"Hey bitch, watch where you're going," a voice said as a body crashed into mine. I don't dare face her, she has been tormenting my life for the past two years and I didn't even know why.

I'm one of those girls that try and not let anyone bother them but I have always been weak when it came to bullies. The first time I was bullied I was nine years old, the second time I was twelve. Even after all these years I still remember the days I stood up to those girls. It felt amazing.

The first time, I told my teacher and the next day she was moved to the other side of the classroom. You'd never guess what though, I actually like that girl now, even though I haven't seen her in years.

The second girl was different though, she was the first one to call me a bitch and at the age of twelve it hits you pretty hard. You don't know how bad it feels to feel like you're about to burst into tears in front of your whole class whilst playing netball, which I hate by the way. I felt defeated. Thankfully she moved out of my P.E. class. She never really bothered me again. I don't think I'd ever like her because I'd seen the way she looked at me, like I was a piece of dirt.

Now today, I'm not as weak as I once was but it still affects me. This time however it's worse.

"Hey, bitch are you listening to me," she growled snapping me out of my day dream. "I said stay away from my best friend, he doesn't like you."

Her best friend is no one special really, he's one of the popular guys for sure but there is nothing special about his cocky, lazy, arrogant attitude. But somehow most of the girls at this school find him charming and want him to theirs, however Tina Clark, the biggest bitch has him as her best friend and they would be perfect together.

"I don't want your best friend," I snapped back angrily. "He is the biggest jerk I've ever known."

"Don't you dare talk about him like that!" she screamed at me as I walked away from her. I knew I couldn't take being here anymore, it not fair that I've never been more than nice to everyone but I've been bullied three times.

You know what my worst fear is, it's coming to school every day and facing people that know what is going on but are doing nothing to stop it. I need to get away for a while, away from everyone I know, just so I can be happy. 

###

I jolted awake as always my heart pounded and my eyes filled with tears. It's not unusual for me to wake like this I do on a regular basis, I have for the last two years. My parents don't know what she does to me, not Mom, not Dad, not even my best friend but then she does live three hours away, they all think she's the perfect girl, she's not really. I never want to get out of bed in the morning but I have to, I only have to endure this for one more year and I'll be off to college. I can leave her behind then. 

 "Ellie, get up! You'll be late for school if you don't hurry up," Mom shouted from downstairs. Slowly I rolled out of bed and walked to my wardrobe. I picked out my usual outfit, t-shirt and jeans. I tied my hair up, I don't put on any makeup I just don't see the point. Today is different I feel different; I know what I needed to do.

I scribbled down a note to Mom and Dad they'll find it eventually, I told them what I'm going to do. I picked a few things out of my wardrobe the necessary things for what I'm doing. I leave my phone but take my iPod. I stuffed it all in my school bag.

Casually I walked down stairs and had my breakfast. I hugged Mom tightly then Dad. Then I headed for the door.

As I left Mom said, "Have a good day darling."

"Bye, love you," I said sadly as I closed the door behind me.

I walked to the bus stop as usual. I missed the first one but get the second bus; it drove me away from the town, past others. At its furthest stop I get out and wait for the next bus. That bus took me even further away.

Around lunch time, I had no idea where I was, so I decided to have some food. I stopped in this little café. The food  was nice. 

After that I get another bus. Each bus takes me further and further away from home, just like I wanted. I started to feel free, finally.

The last bus I caught took me all the way to the coast. I had never been, we lived too far in land to make a trip to the beach. I loved it when I arrived.

I watched the sun set over the waves. I realised I've gone further west than I should have I'm somewhere on the west coast. I stayed on the beach until after ten, it was dark and starting to get cold. I realised I'll needed somewhere to stay, I hadn't got much money left. Not enough to find somewhere to stay for the night anyway.

Somehow, I found a bench along the sea wall. I sat there until I saw no one else walking around out there. I pulled some more of my clothes, to try to keep me warm. I then curled myself into a tight ball so the wind wouldn't get me. Finally after a couple of hours I fell asleep. Fortunately, it's not too uncomfortable. Sleep comes to me easily for the first time in two years.

Edited