Chapter One

I was sitting my office behind my newly owned cafe bar interviewing countless girls for waitress jobs. Only one has been good so far, she was about thirty years old married with a kid. I was very greatful for this.

The other girls so far have been caked in makeup and wearing skimpy outfits, they're trying to impress me. It doesn't work. I would never get involved with an employee.

"Summer Cooper!" I called out into the hallway.

I sat back in my office as a young pretty girl came into the office. She wasn't like the other girls, her face wasn't caked in makeup and she was wearing jeans with a nice formal top. She looked at me slowly and I heard a quiet gasp escape from her mouth. She quickly covered it up. "Hello I'm Summer Cooper," she said shyly tucking a long brown strand of hair behind her ear.

"Take a seat Summer," I smiled at her. She quickly took a seat. "So Summer have you had any previous experience working in a cafe?"

"Yes I have, I've worked in a couple of cafes all over the place."

"Why did you decide to come here?"

"Um... well I quit my last job a few weeks ago after something happened and now I really need the money."

"What happened?" I asked genuinely concerned.

"My boss he... he," she stumbled over her words. "He sexually harassed me."

I don't know how to reply, I felt sorry for this poor girl she shouldn't be subjected to this. "He didn't touch did he?"

"No I managed to get away from him. I told his wife that I quit and never went back."

"Good girl," I said proudly. "That would never happen here, I promise. Anyway back to subject, how would you describe yourself?"

She took a minute to think before answering, "I am hardworking, I like to take as many shifts as possible, I'm friendly and I don't mind working with other people."

"Good, you sound excellent. Now how many days are you willing to work?"

"Every day," she answered quickly.

I wonder if she knows the diner is open Monday through to Saturday and the bar is open Friday and Saturday from nine o'clock to two in the morning.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes very sure. I would also like to work in the bar as well."

"When do you want your day off?"

"Sunday like everyone else."

"No that won't work. You either work Friday night and have Saturday morning off or you don't work Friday night."

"Fine I'll do all day Friday, including the night and then work all Saturday afternoon and night."

"No." I replied.

"Please Mr. McCain I need this job, you know if you don't let me work Saturday I'll just find a job elsewhere."

"Fine you're hired. You start next Monday nine o'clock."

"Thank you sir."

"Please call me Harry. Do I look like one to be formal?" I watched as her eyes scanned me, her lingering on the tattoos on my arms. I smirked at her. She quickly shook her head. "See you Monday Summer."

"See you Harry."

After she left I sat back and took a deep breath. She was different from all the other girls I had interviewed today. She was open, honest and friendly. She was perfect for this job. I know she was young and probably goes to college but for her to put time in for work is very admirable.

Now I've got to find another three girls and two boys to work the day shift, four girls to work Friday and Saturday night and three male bartenders.

I can't believe my dream is finally coming to place. I have been dreaming of owning my own bar for the last four and a half years. It all came about just after my eighteenth birthday, I had started working in a bar as a bartender and really enjoyed it. From then on I just wanted to own my own bar. I took online business classes and when I graduated I bought the bar. For the past three months, with help from my friends, we've been doing this place up, it looks amazing.

I'm grateful for my friends they have helped me so much, what is even better is that a couple of them accepted working as sercurity.

* * *

For the rest if the day I interviewed, and hired a few girl, the least slutty ones.

Finally it's all coming together.

Throughout the afternoon I couldn't get my mind of one girl, Summer Cooper. Only now did I realize that there is something familiar about, it was almost like I'd met her before. Her blue eyes looked so familiar like I've looked in them before. I just hope I don't fall for this girl.

I just couldn't wait to get home and relax. I hadn't had a free day in ages.

I left my office and walked out into the chilly February evening. I headed straight to my old motorbike that I bought for myself when I was eighteen. I loved the old thing. On the journey home I thought nothing about business but of home instead.

Soon I was outside the house I grew up in. Inside contained all the memories of my family and the roller coaster of a life we'd had.

I walked up to the front door, taking one last deep breath. I left business outside, I never brought it in. Home is for family not work.

As I entered my house I heard little feet running along the wooden floor. Suddenly someone launched themselves into my arm while shouting, "Daddy!"