Chapter Nine

Summer's POV

We had dinner on the beach and Nicole bought cake for me to celebrate my birthday. It was late by the time we headed home. I felt my head get heavy as we drove.

The next thing I knew was myself being carried by strong, muscled arms. "I should go home," I groaned keeping my eyes closed as I was so tired.

"No sweetheart, you can stay here, I'll take you into work tomorrow."

"Okay," I sighed against his rock hard chest.

I was quickly placed on a comfortable bed and I snuggled into it. I didn't want to open my eyes because of how everything felt. The bed moved next to me, a brush of a body settled next to me and sighed.

Slowly I opened my eyes to see Harry's bare back facing me, it was gorgeous with his tattoos staining his body, and I just wanted to kiss each one of them. My favourite was the passage in the centre of his back, I saw it early a fell in love with it, the words held so much meaning and beauty, I wanted to know what it meant to him.

As I traced his back lightly with the tips of my fingers I read the words:

'Remember those who you've lost,

Remember those who you've loved,

Remember those who have broken your heart,

Remember those who you've never met,

Remember those who have changed your life,

Remember those who will be your future.'

"My sister wrote them," Harry startled me, I thought that he was asleep, I guess not now.

"I didn't know you had a sister."

"I didn't for a while, but I found out when I was ten that I had a sister and a brother."

"Oh, what happened?" I asked.

"My brother ran away when he was sixteen, I was seven or so at the time and my sister died when she was ten." This shocked me deeply, he had gone through a lot at such a young age. I felt a tear dip down my face, I was crying for him.

"I'm so sorry," I told him truly meaning it. "How old was she when she died?"

"She was ten, she had cancer for a year before she died. I found the poem in her room a few years ago and it hit me deeply. Her poem was the first tattoo I ever got. My brother has the exact same one. I just wished I'd knew her."

"I can understand that," I said wrapping an arm around him.

"I was jealous of my family at one point because they had a chance to really know her, so I went off the rails a bit."

"What did you do?" asked him, even though I already knew.

"Distracted myself with girls, football and parties. It's no wonder why Will was born when I was eighteen, I had a different girl every week. I hate myself for it."

"Oh," I sighed. "You shouldn't hate yourself, out of everything you've done you've got an amazing little boy, and a family who really love you. You should be so happy."

"I am now. I'm glad I met you Summer."

"I'm glad I met you too Harry," I smiled closing my eyes.

* * *

The next morning I woke with my head on Harry's chest, alongside my head was another much smaller face. I smiled, I wanted to wake like this every morning.