Chapter 5

A light knocking on my new bedroom door arouse me from my deep sleep. Last night I felt safe for the first time in forever therefore I finally got a full, comfortable night's sleep. I couldn't wait to have moor.

"Come in," I groaned as I buried my head deeper in the cotton pillow. I just wanted another five minutes of sleep before I had to get up. This bed was too comfortable.

The door slowly creaked open, letting light from the hallway flood into my dark room. This in turn helped me wake up because I had never been able to sleep with the lights on. I sat up as a large form filled the doorway.

"Hey," a husky, deep, seductive male voice said. His voice oozed with sex as he came into my room. "Olivia sent me up with your breakfast," he told me running a hand through is hair. The light behind him blinded me from seeing his face but I knew he would be hot just from his movements and his voice. I already had an unusual tingle run through my body at the sound of his voice.

I rubbed my hand across my face and to my eyes to sweep the sleep away. God I was so tired. He had moved in those few seconds he was now at the foot of my bed away from the light.

He was gorgeous.

He must have been around my age maybe a year or two older but not by much. The man-boy was sexy with his dark hair and eyes, and that sexy smirk on his face. I loved his smirk. His body was great too, I mean he was standing in front of me shirtless, he had the best six pack I had ever seen on anyone ever. I wanted to lick it. NO I can't think like this, not after what happened.

"Where do you want this?" he asked leaning towards me. He made me feel so self-conscious with his unabiding stare, in that moment I remember that I was only in my pyjamas which consisted of a white loose tank top and pink cotton shorts, and no joke you can see my nipples in this top. I pulled the duvet up to my chest to cover up but he didn't stop from looking at me or specifically my boobs.

"Um... on the desk," I said looking at him, my eyes not able to tear away from him even with what I felt towards him. "Um who are you?"

"I'm Alex. You're the new girl right?"

"Yeah, I'm Ellie. Do you know what time it is?"

"It's ten thirty, Olivia wants to meet you at eleven, we're going into town, so you'd better eat up or you're going to be late," he sat down on my desk chair by the window and started to swivel back and forth.

"Thanks... um could you stay I hate eating alone," I asked him sweetly. He gave a quick nod. I climbed out of bed and noticed straight away that he was looking at me. I headed towards him where my food sat at the desk and picked it up. A grabbed a slice of toast ask I asked him, "So Alex, how long have you been here?" I really wanted to distract him from looking at me, I couldn't bare him or anyone looking at my body.

"Almost two years, I was sixteen when I left home. I didn't want to stay at home any longer," he said briefly with a frown on his gorgeous face.

"I left too," I finished the breakfast in silence, Alex hadn't made a word since I had spoken. I went to get my clothes out of the bag I had packed so I could get dressed for the day. I'm just about to pull off my tank top when I remember than Alex was sitting at my desk watching me. "Could you turn around?" I asked him, he nodded and rotated around so he was facing away from me.

I pulled on freshly washed jeans and a long sleeved maroon sweater. My favourite pair of socks were the last item I pulled on to complete my comfortable outfit. "You look great," Alex smiled sexily once he had turned back around. "Go and brush your teeth, then we can go."

I headed towards my bathroom with my make-up bag. I quickly brushed my teeth and threw on some make-up.

The curtains were open when I stepped back into my bedroom room and Alex was standing at the balcony looking out to the ocean. He faced me when I entered. For the first time I saw him properly. He had dark green eyes, like leaves in spring and his dark hair was almost black but looked soft and inviting for me to run my fingers through. He was taller than I had first thought, at least six foot. His smile was beautiful and his teeth were white.

I spun away from him a pick up my bag that I used for shopping. "Let's go then," he said gruffly following me out of my bedroom. For some reason I felt extremely comfortable with Alex even after everything that happened with him.

Downstairs Olivia was waiting for us. She smiled when she saw us together. "Morning," she grinned. "I hope you slept well last night Ellie?"

"It was great," I smiled back.

"You good to go Olivia?" Alex asked.

She nodded and headed outside to her car. "Alex you drive?" she chucked him the keys to her car. What Olivia did next surprised me, she climbed into the back of the car. "Sit in the front Ellie." She told me.

"Okay," I whispered climbing in next to Alex.

As Alex drove into town Olivia asked him, "So are you going to stay with us or are you going out with his friends?"

"Um I'm staying with you for a while then I meeting up with people Ellie can come too if she wants. We'll probably have dinner out."

"Okay that's cool; first I think we need to get you a phone Ell then clothe shopping. Oh, Alex do you know if your job needs any new people because Ellie needs a job?"

"I'll ask this weekend," he told me as he glanced across to me.

"Ellie, I'm going to pay for you clothes today, I know you must have spent all your money getting here," Olivia said from behind me, when she saw the shock on my face she replied, "You can pay me some it back when you get a job."

"Thank you, I'll pay you it all back when I get the job, I promise."

"No you don't need too it can be a late birthday present," Olivia said turning round to look at me. She squeezed my knee.

Once Alex parked the car we climbed out and headed for the mall. Olivia linked her arm in mine are we walked through the shops.

We entered a few of my favourite clothes shops and piled up on clothes, plus I bought a new phone. Alex's arms were ladled with shopping bags. Alex had complemented me on everything I tried on, and I loved it.

In one of the last shops we visited Alex had picked out a green sweater dress for me to try on. It looked amazing. "You look beautiful," he told me with a smirk on his face.

"Thank you," I shyly smiled back.

I had so much fun with Alex and Olivia shopping and chatting with them. I felt like I knew them really well by the end of it.

In the evening Alex took me down to the beach to meet some of his friends from school and work colleagues. They all were really nice people. I met his 'girlfriend' too, she was someone he just slept with more than once,

Very late that night Alex took us back to the house. He walked me to my room and said, "Goodnight." He gave me a quick, tight hug so my whole body is pressed against him before I entered my room.

For some reason I felt like I could trust him, more than I had trusted any guy I had ever known.

Edited