Chapter 10

Chapter 10

There's a party tonight everyone was going to the beach and we were watching fireworks that Mike and some of the boys are putting on.

I was wearing thick winter tights with my favourite skirt and blouse.

I stood next to Alex; we all count down from ten together. As we said five Alex links his hand with mine, it so warm and soft. He turned towards me and hugged me tight. “One,” everyone said.

Alex’s eyes were centimetres away from mine. His breath was warm and inviting. His lips slowly and carefully touched mine. They brushed together making me want groan it pleasure. He broke away almost instantly like it never happened.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Every day after that was awkward, seeing Alex every morning at breakfast and then at dinner. We drifted apart. We didn’t speak. We didn’t look at each other. But yet I still thought about him. He was my best friend.

Then a week before my birthday Olivia came to me. “Okay sweetheart what’s going on with you and Alex?”

“Oh nothing,” I sighed wishing he was right here next to me.

“Oh really ever since the new year you and him haven’t been talking, you guys were best friends but now it’s like you don’t know each other exists,” she said calmly. “So tell me what happened it must have been something big.”

“Um...” I choked. “Well he kissed me.”

“Oh right. So do you like him?” she asked seeming to understand what I’m thinking.

“Um I guess yeah," I said finally admitting the truth. I had fallen for him sometime in the last eight months. "I think about him all the time.”

“Does he like you?”

“I don’t know, maybe.”

“Well he wouldn’t have kissed you if he didn’t like you; you need to speak to him. It’s getting you both down." She quickly changed subject after that. "Anyway sweetheart what do you want for your birthday?”

“I don’t know something pretty,” I said thinking about Alex. I remembered how soft his lips were on mine, how he looked into my eyes as our lips touch. I wanted that feeling again. “I’ll see you later Olivia."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Then two nights before my birthday the nightmares got worse back. I still had then, each night felt his every punch and kick on my body, they had mentally scarred me. But recently they were ten time worse, I had been reliving the night he forced himself on me. I remembered that day so clearly.

I had gone over to his house after school to watch movies. It was fine at first but then he started to kiss me. The kisses became more forceful over time. I had just wanted to get away. Thankfully I was able to knee him in his sensitive area. He let go of me quickly and I ran for my life. After that he apologized and I told him that I didn't want to be alone with him again.

The dreams made me cry, I didn’t want to get out of bed. I missed my parents and Millie even more. I just wished someone was here for me. I wanted to be held and loved.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

On the morning of my eighteenth birthday I’m woken early with loud knocking on my door.

I was hot and sweaty. My hair was sticking up and stuck to my face. My clothes were tangled up and heavy with sweat. Tears stained my face. “What?” I shouted at the door in a grump.

It creaked open slowly; I squished my face into the pillow. “Hey Ellie are you alright?” Alex questioned sincerely. I whipped up to face him; he looked at me with sad eyes.

“Go away Alex,” I cried in my pillow. I hated myself for letting him see me like this. I closed my eyes tight waiting for him to leave. But he didn’t.

I heard him move across the room to my bed. He climbed on.

He sat directly in front of me. I felt him reach across to me. His hand landed on my face, it was cool against my skin. “Hush, it’s going to be alright. Tell me what happened,” he said stroking the hair out of my face.

“The nightmares, they're worst,” I lent on to him, my head against his warm chest and his hands tightly around my back. “I’ve missed you, you know,” I said after a few minutes.

“I know, I’ve missed you too,” he said kissing my head. We’re silent again for a few minutes. He sighed deeply. “Are you okay now?” I nodded pulling back from him. “Good then I’ll see you later.”

“No don’t go, stay,” I said reaching out for him.

“You need to get some good sleep it’ll be good for you,” he said looking at me tenderly.

“No, I need you here I don’t think I can sleep without you being here.”

He breathed in deeply. “Okay, I’ll stay for a little while. Lay down.” I lay down; I lifted up the cover for him to join me. He climbed in silently. We faced each other his hand resting on my waist, his eyes were in line with mine, our bodies centimetres away. “I’m sorry; I was stupid it was my entire fault.”

“No, no it wasn’t I wanted it to happen, I still do,” I said touching his face softly.

“You do?” he asked his eyes lighting up. I nodded softly. He moved even closer to me, his hand moving up my body to my face. My hands travelled down his arm and touched his hands on my face. We smiled together. “Are you sure?”

“I’ve never been surer,” I giggled to him. Slowly he moved his hand closer to me, our smiles getting bigger. Then lightly our lips touched, fire rushed through my body.

“Kiss me again,” I whispered on his lips. He pressed his lips more firmly on mine; his hands slid down to my waist and circled my back. My hands ran through his dark hair pulling him closer to me. Our bodies had no space between us, our kiss went on and on. Seconds, minutes passed our kiss doesn’t break, then eventually we broke apart to get our breath back. “That was… that was beautiful,” I said dreamily.

“Be my girlfriend, I really need you?” he asked still so close to me.

“Yes, I’ll be your girlfriend, if you promise to be my boyfriend until the end.” I knew I was jumping into this too fast but I didn't care I wanted to be with him.

“I will be I care for you too much to let you go. I’ve had a massive crush on you ever since I met you, even though I had a 'girlfriend' at the time. I will wait forever for you over and over again.”

“I will too. Now I’ll be able to sleep,” I said kissing him one last time as I closed my eyes to sleep. I felt his arms tighten around me. I felt home and safe.