Chapter Seven

Summer's POV

Nick... Nick. What could I say about him? He was amazing, he was just like a brother. There was even a slim possibility that he could have been my brother.

"Where did you grow up?" I asked Nick in the same afternoon I asked if Harry wanted to go to the beach with me.

"I grew up everywhere. I was is foster care for most of my life." This shocked me deeply.

"What? Why?"

He was silent for a moment before breathed deeply and told me, "My parents died in a car crash when I was two. I was put straight into foster care, I moved home to home most of my childhood, I even got adopted for a little while when I was six but the family couldn't cope. Then from about twelve onwards I was in a care home."

"That's horrible," I felt tears well up in my eyes and start to drip down my face. I hates the idea of him being in foster care for most of hia life. "Did they treat you right?"

"Sometimes. It was okay when I was younger but after I got adopted and sent back my behaviour changed. I got more angry and upset that no one loved me-"

"You know that's not true. Lots of people love you. I love you," I told him truthfully. I did love Nick but in a brotherly way not in a romantic or sexual way. I could never think of him that way.

"Now I do. When I hit twelve no one really wanted me, no one wants an angry teenager. I got kicked out of lots of care homes because I was fighting with the other boys. But when I turned sixteen I found out that I had a sister."

"What?"

"I have a sister Summer and I don't know where she is, I've never even seen her. You know I've been looking for her for five years. When I turned eighteen I was legally allowed to find her and adopt her but I haven't."

"We'll find her together Nick," I told him hugging him tightly in my arms. He had such a rough upbringing that he needed someone to hug him often. "We'll find her."

"Thank Summer, you are the best," he kissed my head. "I wish that you were my sister."

"I wished I was you sister too but I know that it's almost impossible for it to be true."

* * *

Later than night at the bar I'm handing out drinks to people in the seated areas whilst watching people dance together on the open flooring. The live band is great, displaying a variety of music, the best thing about them though was Harry: he looked so sexy up on that stage singing his heart out. But I'm not the only one admiring him, another hundred girls take interest in him. The funny thing is I know who's going home with him tonight, and that's me.

The last time I danced was over four years ago at a house party, everyone was grinding against everyone, accept me. I had this one guy that made my life that night, he was an excellent dancer and had such a sexy voice as he sung with the music. He was the most handsome guy I had ever seen and he was really sweet to me. That night was the night I lost my virginity, since then I haven't been with anyone else. There have never been anyone else that made me feel the way he made me feel. If only he remembered me in the morning.

"Hey beautiful," someone said from behind me. I turned and faced a tall, blond haired man. He suddenly grabbed my ass, I squealed loudly. "Why don't you get me a drink sweetheart."

"Get off me you ass!" I exclaimed trying to push him off me.

"You don't mean that," he laughed. "You want me."

Suddenly the music stopped and it was silent, the only noise was of feet crossing the floor. "Get off her!" a familiar voice rose from the crowd. The man in front of me was quickly pulled away. Harry stood on front of me protecting me from him, I gripped his t-shirt in my hands tightly. "Get out of here you dirty perv, I don't want to see you in my bar again, if I do you don't know what I would do to you."

The blond then was dragged away by two burly looking men. Harry turned to face me, and he pulled me into his arms. He hugged me tightly, "I'm sorry baby," he whispered in my ear. "This won't happen again, I promise."

I pulled him in tighter to me, I cherished the feeling of his body against mine, and we fitted perfectly against each other. "Thank you Harry," I mumbled into his chest where my head rest.

He pulled away from me, "You're not working the rest of the night: I'm taking you home." I nodded in agreement.

He led me back to his office, where he told me to take a seat while he sorted a few things out with his other staff members and the security team. He was back in ten minutes with my things. At this point I felt like crying, I had never been spoken to or touched in that way before, I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes, I just wanted to be home.

As soon as Harry came back into the room I flung myself at him, my arms and legs were wrapped tightly around him. It felt safe. But the strangest thing was that I felt something stir in my lower stomach as I was held by him. I felt like I was on fire.

"Let's take you home." He carried me out side to him bike. He settled me one and pulled a helmet over my head before he sat on the bike too and revved the engine.

We got to his house quickly, but by this time I had calmed down and felt less likely to cry however I knew I would soon. Harry helped me off the bike and held my hand was we talked to him house. He unlocked the front door and told me to follow him in.

We went to the kitchen to get a drink for me. Once we entered I noticed a woman sitting in an armchair in the corner of the room ready a book. "You're home early," she said not looking up.

"Nice to see you too Mom," he laughed walking over to her. He kissed her lightly on the cheek. "There was a bit of trouble at the bar so I had to take someone home."

"Oh right, what about your girl," I notice that she refer to me as his girl. "You said she would be staying the night."

"She's here Mom."

She looked up for the first time and noticed me in the doorway. She smiled happily at me and got up from her chair. Before I knew it I was in her arms, she was hugging me tightly. "It's so nice to finally meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too, Mrs McCain."

"No need to be formal dear girl, you refer me to Julie." I nodded at her request as I yawned. "Why don't you take her to bed Harry?"

"Sure Mamma, I'll see you in the morning."

Harry led me upstairs to bed. "Um... can I say goodnight to Will?" I asked.

"Sure," he told me leading me to Will's room. Will's room was lovely, the walls were painted blue and he had toys scattered over the floor and in the corner of the room was his bed where he lay fast asleep.

I walked quietly to him. I leant down and kissed him lightly on the forehead. "Sleep tight Will, I love you," I whispered.

I backed away to let Harry say goodnight too, "Night Will. Love you." Will mumbled something back in his sleep. I smiled to myself. "Let's get you to sleep," Harry whispered in my ear as we exited Will's room. He led me to a room, I guessed his from the masculine feel of it. "This is my room," he told me. I nodded. "You can sleep here, I'll go and sleep in my brother's room."

"No," I exclaimed. "You can stay here, it's your bed after all."

"Are you sure?" I shook my head in reply. We then changed for bed, I climbed in first and he followed me shortly after wearing just a pair of boxers. "This okay?"

"Yeah," my tongue stuck to the top of my mouth in shock. His chest was so beautiful and defined, I could count every single one of his abs and his beautiful tattoos that painted his skin. "Night, Harry," I whispered snuggling down into the cover.

"Night beautiful," he whispered back turning away from me.

I stayed awake next to him for a while just listening to him breathe, being next to him was amazing I didn't want to leave. Soon my eyes got heavy and slowly closed into a beautiful sleep.