Chapter Seventeen

Harry's POV

After an amazing shower with Summer we headed outside to join my family. Will pulled us towards the pool as soon as he saw us. I picked up Summer as we neared the pool and chucked her, I jumped in straight after. She giggled as she rose to the surface.

The a big wave formed over me, Will bubbled up from behind me grabbing onto my shoulders be-fore kicking his legs to come to the front of me. "Again!" he laughed.

After playing in the pool all afternoon, Will, Summer and I headed inside to grab a light bite to eat. This was our first time eating together since becoming a proper family, well me knowing that Summer was Will's mother.

"Will," Summer grabbed his hand. "We've got something to tell you."

"Okay," he nodded looking at her.

I took over speaking, "Will Summer is you mommy."

"She is?" he asked.

"Yes she is."

"I knew it!" he jumped up punching his fist in the air. "Mommy!" he hugged Summer. "I love you."

"I love you too Will," she kissed his forehead.

For a four year old Will was very clever, he hadn't even started school but I knew he would excel quickly.

After dinner and putting Will to bed, we adults sat on the deck looking over the pool talking. I was sitting with Summer on the pillows we laid out on the floor, Mom and Dad were on a bench and Alex we sitting on a sunbed with Ellie in his lap.

"So are you two together?" Ellie asked.

"No," Summer answered quickly.

"Yes," I replied at the same time as her.

"Well is that a yes or a no," she asked.

I looked at Summer, I wanted to be with her, but I didn't know if she wanted to be with me. "Fine, we're together," she replied.

"Finally," Mom sighed.

"So what happened last night?" Alex asked me.

"We talked," I replied simply.

"Yeah right, it so looked like talking last night at the club."

"We talked when we got back."

"Oh, so that's why you were undressing each other as you entered your bedroom. I've never had a conversation by undressing, I'm guessing you to had sex," Alex said smiling. "You know it's risky having sex drunk, someone could end up pregnant."

"It wouldn't be the first time," I said.

"What?!" they all exclaimed.

"It was the night of my eighteenth birthday when Will was conceived. I was drunk and saw this very attractive girl in the corner of the room, she was drunk also. She is the mother of Will, her name was Summerly Anna Kent, and she was only sixteen years old. You know her better as Summer Cooper," I told my family, it was time for them to know about Will.

"Oh," they all sighed.

"Summer, you're his mother," Mom looked at Will."

"Yes, I'm his mother, I'm sorry for not telling you all sooner, I had some problems when Will was born. It made me unable to look after him."

"That's alright sweetheart, we understand," she hugged Summer. "I always thought there was something about you, you and Will had such a strong connection when you first met: I remember Harry telling me. I'm so glad that you are part of our family."

"Me too," Summer smiled. "Thank you for accepting me."

"We can see that you love that boy very much," Dad said.

"So was that why you were so grumpy this morning?"

"Well I only found out this morning, I had no clue before. I was upset she hadn't told me but then I understood when she told me what she was going through at the time of Will's birth. I needed time to clear my head and decide what to do next."

"So how did you two end up together?"

"Well when I came back this afternoon we talked and got through the problems that we needed to face. I've wanted to be with Summer for a while now but she had to know that I wanted to be with her because of her not because of Will." I hugged Summer closer to me, I loved the feel of her in my arms.

"I don't think that was all you did." Alex laughed. "I definitely heard some strange noises when I passed your room earlier."

"Whatever," I replied. Summer laughed into my shoulder.

"So you're not denying it then."

"Boys!" Mom stopped us. "I don't want to hear this, whatever happens between Harry and Summer is their own business, like yours and Ellie relationship."

"Fine Mom," we both sighed.

Summer leaned back on me and yawned. "You tired baby?" she nodded. "Why don't you head up to bed, I'll follow you shortly."

She got up and leaned over to kiss me lightly. "Night," she whispered to me kissing me one last time. "Goodnight everybody." She headed inside.

Once out of view Mom turned to me. "We're proud of you Harry, we're glad that you are with her." I smiled, I was happy that they were proud of me. "You know the first time you brought her home and told me that she was just a friend I knew that you'd end up with her, I'm surprised it took you this long."

"I had to be sure, I didn't want Will to get confused."

"I understand, try not to hurt her, she is a very special girl and we can see that she's gone through a lot," Mom came over to me and pulled me into her arms. "I love you."

"I love you too. We're her only real family apart from Nick."

"What do you mean we're her only real family?"

"Her biological parents died a day after she was born. She was put up for adoption, she found out just before she had Will, that's why she gave him up. Then only a few weeks ago she found out that Nick was her brother, they had been working together for months before they even knew."

"Poor girl," Mom sighed. "What about her adoptive parents?"

"She doesn't talk about them much but I know she still love them."

"You tell her that we'll always be here for her even if you two don't stay together."

"Thank you Mom." I hugged her tightly. "I better go and join my girl."

"You go and do that but no funny stuff."

"Sure Mom," I kissed her cheek. "I'll see you guys in the morning."

I headed up to our room. When I entered Summer was already lying in bed with her eyes closed. I undressed and joined her under the covers. She snuggled up close to me as soon as she felt the mattress move.

I kissed her lips lightly. "So we're together huh?" she asked quietly.

"Yes baby, we're together."

"You know I've wanted to be with you for five years."

"I know and now look where we are, we're together with a son who we both love very much."

"Thank you," she kissed my chest. "You've been my best friend for the last few months, I don't know what I would have done without you."

"Me neither," I kissed her. "Now let's get to sleep, we have another two weeks at this place and I would love to enjoy every moment of it with you."

"You've still got me when we get back."

"I know but it's going to be different back to real life. I really want to give us a try because you're the first girl to ever make me feel this way."

"Me too."

"Goodnight baby," I kissed her one last time.