Chapter 14: Sexy and I know it

ابدأ من البداية

With those words she walked to the girls’ dorm rooms and headed into her own. Theodore sat there shocked. Of course he too had his suspicions but he had no real evidence. And there was no way possible that Hermione and Draco would ever be more than they were now. Draco hated mudblood’s, then again so did he…

With those thoughts Theodore stood up and walked to his dorm room that he shared with Draco and Goyle, deciding to catch Hermione and apologize tomorrow. His thoughts swirled within his mind, seeming more like a puzzle than anything.

Malfoy Manor…

Draco Malfoy apparated in front of his Manor, the winter snow and coldness of the night biting into his bones. He looked at his house and couldn’t help but feel as if something was terribly wrong. There was no trace of light except for the little bit from the moon but even that was fading as the dark grey clouds came storming in, snow beginning to fall more violently.  Quickly Draco approached, the manor growing bigger, darker. The signs of the Dark Lord’s stay still evident in its surroundings, as if he never truly left.

Draco yanked open the front door, not at all surprised to find it unlocked. Who would dare steal from the Malfoy’s, let along approach them? The door shut behind him with a thud and Draco found it no warmer in the foyer than outside, if anything it felt colder.

Draco hurriedly walked towards the dining room where they usually had meetings, his footsteps echoing off the walls. He rubbed his left forearm absentmindedly, the tattoo slightly causing him pain. He could hear the voices before he saw them and once inside the dining room all noise ceased to stop.

“Ah, Draco my boy,” Lucius Malfoy said in greeting to his son.

“Come Draco,” Narcissa called to him, patting the chair next to her for him to sit in.

Draco nodded his head in greeting and walked over towards his mother glancing around the room at the other faces. He noticed that there was Theodore’s father along with Pansy, Blaise, Goyle, and Crabbe’s. There was Walden Macnair, Travers, Thorfinn Rowle, Selwyn, Rosier Sr., Rabastan Lestrange, Mulciber Jr., Jugson, and numerous others. Draco felt that familiar feeling of fear and utter helplessness consume him.

Wasn’t the war over? Wasn’t the dark Lord dead?  Weren’t these Death Eaters supposedly on the run and hiding? He asked himself, keeping a look of utter boredom on his face as he screamed and cried in the inside. He took the seat his mother gave him and felt slightly safer near her, but not much.

Lucius Malfoy who sat next to his wife rose from his seat. His once glamorous looks and energy that he had lost during the last few years coming back to him, making him seem young, vibrant, and all the more wicked. Draco gulped, what was going on?

Narcissa Malfoy laid her hand atop her sons; she could see the fear in his eyes that only she could see. Bloody hell, she didn’t even know what this was all about. She thought this was behind them, she thought her son would finally have a normal life. She gripped his hand giving him strength. She didn’t understand how she was letting her son get involved again, after everything.

“I will make this short,” Lucius said first looking at everyone and lastly his son and wife. How he wished what he was going to say wasn’t true. But if it was it was better to protect his family then be sorry. “The Dark Lord is back.” Lucius stated pulling back his left sleeve to reveal his Dark Mark which was moving around as if agitated.