1.

~4:45 p.m.~
~8/17/17~
Jasmine

"You've got the internship." The voice said through the phone.

I gasped and muted the phone as a smile creeped onto my face. I let out a loud and happy squeal.
Oh my god!
I cleared my throat and calmed down, unmuting the phone.
"Thank you! That's amazing news. I look forward to coming out there."

"Great. Remember Jasmine, this internship can really affect the other jobs you get in this field. Meaning that if you do good, you'll have a stellar recommendation from me to any job you want to go to after the five months are over."

I smiled, holding in another squeal.
"I understand....Yeah.....Okay...See you in two days Ms. Jackie." I jumped up and started dancing around. "Oh my god! I actually got it!"

Me being an sports medicine major, and having graduated with my bachelors, I was looking for jobs in the field. This job opened up, 'a paid internship for being an athletic trainers assistant on the Golden State Warriors national basketball team.'. My eyes nearly popped out when one of my friends showed me the application. Tens of thousands were submitted by people all over the country. I decided 'what the hell' might as well. I didn't exactly think I was going to get the email I got a couple days ago, asking me more questions about me as an applicant. Then the phone call today! I'll admit. I have had training with being an athletic trainer and a stellar record in school, but I never thought they'd take on a 23 yr old that just graduated. Being an athletic trainer was my dream job and the fact that I was so close to it made me ecstatic.

In the midst of my self celebration, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist, causing me to jump and turn around. I smiled and calmed down at who it was.
Kyrie. Yes. Irving.
He raised an eyebrow and gave me a smile at my happiness.
"What's with the celebration that's got you so wrapped up that you didn't even notice me come in?"

"Remember that internship I told you about?"

He nodded.

"I got it!" I yelled, ecstatically.

"Oh my god. That's amazing!" He smiled, engulfing me in a hug then he paused. "Wait...that's for the Warriors right?"

I nodded.

"In Oakland?"

"Yes, but...you know how important this is to me! Don't get all sad now. Don't rain on my amazingly happy parade."

He sat down.
"No. The move is fine. I have something to tell you too."

"What?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm moving too."

"Where to?"

"Boston..."

"Wait what?"

"You know I requested the trade Jasmine."

"Yeah, but...I didn't think you'd actually fully go through with it."

"Well, I did, and the Celtics took me and traded Isaiah Thomas."

Damn. I was feeling like a hypocrite.
First Kyrie was mad I was moving away and now I'm angry that he's moving even further away. We'll literally be across the country from each other.

I smiled and hugged him as he stood up.
"Congratulations."

He hugged back hesitantly.
"What?"

I raised an eyebrow at his confusion.

"I expected you not to be as happy since we're moving further apart from each other."

"That's life though baby. I can't let my emotions get in the way of the positives in your life. You've been wanting to get traded for a while. I'm happy you got your wish. Just like, you should be happy for me. For getting the dream internship I wanted."

He sighed and rolled his eyes, knowing he couldn't argue with that logic.
"I didn't mean to be mad Jas, I just...I like what we have going on. I never really wanted anything to come between that. It's not like we can do long distance."

"No we can't do that, but...we can make the most of our time together." I smiled, placing a kiss on his lips.

He smiled and lifted me up.
"We're definitely making the most of our time."