30.

~Two weeks later~

Klay entered my apartment with a clearly aggravated look on his face.
He had been coming over the past couple of weeks whenever things got heated between him and Celia.
Tonight they had a big game against Oklahoma City before the playoffs started. I wasn't working tonight so I couldn't go to the game. Instead I had watched the game on TV and Klay had missed a lot of shots. Shots that he should normally make, wide open threes.
Klay had been in a drought. A 3 pt drought which is the worst drought that he could be going through since Curry was injured. He walked over to me, emotionless yet disappointed by the way he sulked.
He walked over to me and sighed.

"You good bro?" I asked, looking up from my place on the couch.

"Yeah. Just dandy." He mumbled angrily, plopping down onto the couch.

"You're going to find your shot again. You just have to keep shooting."

"That's easy to say Jas, but...my mental space is so hazy right now, I can't even relax."

I sighed and thought about it.
"Get up. I think I know what will help."

Klay

As we walked out of her apartment, I noticed that Jas had a basketball and a blindfold in her hand. She had no idea that she was the reason I was doing so badly. My mind had been clouded with nothing but her and it had been affecting all aspects of my life. She had a stronger impact on my life than she even knew..and Celia and her constant nagging, didn't help either.

Jasmine

We walked to the basketball court in my apartment complex, and I was thankful that no one else was up or out here. I picked up the ball and bounced it towards him.
"You know what I think it is?"

"What?" He mumbled.

"You're thinking to much about the game Thompson."

He raised an eyebrow as I threw the ball at him.

"Just because Steph isn't in, doesn't mean you become superhuman and make every shot. When you don't make a shot you get disappointed then that affects your next shot and so on. You have to get that mentality out of your head."

He sighed and looked down at the ball.
"I just..want to do what my team needs me to do."

"Your team just needs you to be you. Not the hero."

He took the ball in his hands and shot the ball.
Miss

I sighed and grabbed the rebound.
"Let go Klay. Don't think about anything else just..think about you and the basketball. Matter fact. Close your eyes."

"What?"

I took the blindfold from my pocket and wrapped it around his eyes. I placed the ball back in his hands and he raised an eyebrow.

"This heightens other senses and allows you to focus more on one thing. This thing is basketball." I smiled. "Now...shoot."

He twisted the ball in his hands and sighed.
He angled the ball and shoot it up.
Swish
I cheered and smiled.
"There you go."
I grabbed the ball and threw it back to him allowing him to hit three consecutive shots.

I unwrapped the blindfold from his face.
He smiled and dribbled the ball, angling the shot and shooting it in.
Swish
This was the most focused and relaxed I'd seen him since Steph's injury. I'd felt the rain drizzling around us but we both ignored it, to caught up in what we were doing. He shot it a couple more times, actually getting into a rhythm.

I smiled with a feeling of accomplishment.
He dribbled the ball to me.
"Was it really that simple?"

"You were making it harder than it actually was Thompson. Keep practicing on blocking out the mental noise. That's the only way you'll get better."

He chuckled and placed the ball down.
"Thank you." He said, walking closer to me.

"No problem. That's what friends are for." I smiled, tensing up from how close he was to me.

He placed his lips on mine and I before I could truly react, I kissed back, missing this feeling that I had craved from him. He wrapped his arms around my waist as I was pulled closer to him.
I quickly pulled away and gasped as rain droplets started to fall around us.
"No. No. We're friends."

He sighed and looked down at me.

"We're just friends." I sighed, backing away.

"Is this really want you want Jas? Just for us to be friends instead of working on our issues?"

"What issue? You mean when you cheated on me and knocked a bitch up?"

"Damn it Jas! I have apologized time and time again and explained it to you, it's like your not trying to even hear me out! I love you but I can't be just friends with you. I can't."

I sighed.
"Klay I-..." The words couldn't leave my mouth. I couldn't let him know that I wanted to be with him too but I couldn't be hurt again.

"You know what..." He scoffed, handing the basketball to me. "I should head home. It's getting late."

"Klay-"

He ignored me and grabbed his jacket, walking over to the parking lot.

I sighed to myself as I grabbed the basketball and headed back up to my apartment. As I got ready for bed and laid down, I could feel myself being restless. For some reason I couldn't sleep. I looked up at my ceiling, finding myself in deep thought, specifically thinking about the kiss with Klay. Fuck I missed him..but I wasn't going to cave. His lips felt so good though, fuck him..he has Celia at his house...he's so miserable with her though..I almost feel bad. I tried to turn on my side and ignore my thoughts, trying my hardest to fall asleep. As I drifted to sleep, my eyes slowly opened, feeling familiar hands gliding over my bare skin. I looked up to see Klay hovering over me.
"What are you doing here?"

"I'm waking you up. I need you Jasmine. I can't wait anymore." He sighed.

"How did you get in?"

"I have the spare key baby. I never gave it back for a reason, I know you miss me too Jas."

I bit my lip and nodded, pulling him towards me, kissing his lips.
"I miss you so much."

He kissed back with the same passion, slowly slipping his hands underneath my waistband, and feeling me causing me to moan and grip his shoulders tightly.

"Do you want me baby?" He asked, slowly sliding a finger into me.

I gasped and nodded.
"Fuck. Yes, I want you Klay."

He slowly pulled his hand away and looked down at me.
"Come to me and tell me."

I furrowed my eyebrows before my eyes snapped open. I groaned in frustration, slightly sitting up.

A wet dream.
I needed Klay and I needed him now.