46. Here's to the night

Start from the beginning

Beca smiled at the idea and immediately texted Stacie. She texted her she was going to the graduation ceremony but that she couldn't tell a soul or else, and I quote, "I will literally take your eyelids one by one with a tweezers".

Stacie immediately sent her the choreography and the arrangements they've made for the performance so Beca could learn it in time for the ceremony.

The next week went by pretty fast for everyone. Beca had to talk to his new boss about leaving for a couple of days and he seemed completely cool about it, however, she was having a hard time learning the arrangements.

"I don't get it, you literally got a job and an internship for doing this stuff." Ally told Beca while she zipped her suitcase.

"For making music not for dancing and such." Beca defended herself as she let her body fall on the couch next to where Ally was on her knees struggling to close the suitcase.

"You are just nervous. It's a bunch of parents and relatives, maybe some teachers anFOR FUCKS SAKE." Ally yelled.

Beca looked at Ally who was holding her bleeding finger.

"Uh, what did you do?" She asked concerned.

"I broke my stupid nail with the stupid zipper. shit."

Beca walked to the bathroom and grabbed alcohol and band aids.

"So now I can say that..."

Ally only glared at Beca, not even wanting to hear the end of the sentence.

"y'know, I'm going to nail it." She laughed.

"I hate you." Ally replied dryly trying not to smile, avoiding looking at her.

Thursday evening, Beca was already being dropped at her place by Ally who was now headed towards her own home.

Knowing her mother wouldn't be home until some hours later, Beca took her time to tidy up and take a shower. When Caren was opening the front door, Beca took the opportunity to sit on the stairs in total darkness.

"Hello-" Before Beca could finish her sentence, her screaming mother had already hit her with an umbrella. "Jesus Christ Caren."

Screaming once again, Caren hugged the dark figure sitting on the stairs. The older woman's eyes filled with tears. "BECA YOU ARE HOME."

"And regretting it." She said massaging her head.

After the little incident, Beca was sitting on the kitchen counter eating dinner with her mother who grabbed a chair and sat in front of her daughter.

"Who would have guessed Beca Mitchell is graduating."

Beca playfully shoved her mother. "Technically I've already graduated."

"If i don't see it I don't believe it." The older woman said with her mouth full of rice. "So big day tomorrow."

Beca nodded. "Yeah receiving a folded paper with a funny hat and a robe is pretty big deal apparently."

Caren rolled her eyes and pushed Beca who fell from the counter making Caren choke.

"karma."

By next morning Beca was already awake, later than expected, but awake. Struggling to get changed and fix her hair her mother tried to hurry her up.

"Four years. In four years i never managed to arrive on time for school cAN YOU HURRY UP?"

Beca ran downstairs shoeless with everything on her hand. "DRIVE."