23. We're ready.

Aubrey heard heels knocking on the floor, walking towards her. She had her hands on her head, she knew Beca would do the possible to ruin the Bellas. She raised her gaze from the floor to found her best friend walking beside Beca, arms crossed.

Chloe nodded, reasuring Aubrey that Beca would perform with them.

"You good?" Stacie asked rubbing Beca's back.

Beca nodded in response, mentally preparing herself for what was about to happen.

"Okay Bellas." Aubrey said breaking the silence. "We practiced this, and if we do it JUST like we practiced, we'll go to the finals."

A few glances were exchanged between the 9 girls, Amy had to go off stage with the trebles since he couldnt perform.

"Hands in."

Stacie hasnt figured the 'hands in' thing yet. "On three of after three?"

It was noticeable that Aubrey got frustrated. "Whatever lets do this." And with that, she headed to the stage.

Beca felt a hand on her's. It was Chloe, encouraging her with a smile.

"5 that you can see, feel and hear." She reminded the brunette.

'What did i do to deserve her?' Beca smiled back at the red head and followed her to the stage.

The second she stepped on the stage her breathe stuck in her throat.

Okay 5 things, 5 things. She started scanning the place starting to calm down.

The pitch pipe was blown. She started cursing herself for agreeing to do this. She took a deep breathe and started singing the chorus of the song, like the last time they performed.

She took the courage to look at the crowd. Of course they werent surprised that they were singing the same lame song with the same lame choreography.

The judges werent happy. She had to do something, Aubrey would kill her but, Fuck Aubrey.

She played the rythm on her head and inmediatly thought of a song that woyld match it.

Another deep breathe, and the lyrics of 'Bulletproof' by La Roux started matching their lame song.

Beca had a hell of a voice, she didnt need a microphone to be heard, her voice was so powerfull that everyone heard her.

The Bellas started looking at Beca like if she was out of her mind, she caught Aubrey's death stare. She knew she was in deep shit, but didnt care, the crowd started enjoying their set for the first time, the judges showing positives signs.

"Beca what the fuck?" Aubrey asked pushing everybody so she could have a proper look of Beca and yell at her face to face. "Were you trying to screw us up?"

Beca only rolled her eyes, waiting for the blonde to stop complaining.

"Newsflash. This isn't the Beca Show." Aubrey said clearly pissed.

"Okay, I'm sorry that I messed you up, but in case you hadn't noticed, everybody pretty much dozed off during our set." A few Bellas nodded in agreement.

"It's not your job to decide what we do and when we do it." Aubrey snapped.

Beca was ready to get the hell out of there, she never should have agreed to perform and get yelled at for trying to save the performance.

"Yes, i added a song to our set. Big deal." She said sarcastically. "but at least im original and actually try to save this lame ass performance. You stick to the past so much that you cant let go of a fucking set that you ruined a year ago. Im not fucking sorry for what i did out there-"

"Not sorry for trying to ruin the performance? Incredible." Aubrey cut her off.

"Its hard to believe you beat 100,000 other sperm." Beca was starting to get frustrated. "im NOT FUCKING SORRY FOR TRYING TO HELP. I almost had a mental breakdown because i didnt want you to lose again. I tried to make the performance less heavy so you can win for once, but you never aknowledge the damn good things i do, right?"

That hurt. Beca was right. Aubrey was speechless, she only nodded. In silence.

The trebles were getting on stage now; Beca and Stacie wishing a quick good luck to Jesse.

It's been the worst 4 minutes of their lives, the trebles finished their, the judges made a decission. The Bellas were ready to go home.

"Here goes nothing." Aubrey muttered.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the moment we've all been waiting for. The results of tonight's semi finals competition. In second place, and advancing to this years' finals..."

There was a tension in the air, they really didnt have a good chance to win anyways. "The Barden Bellas, The Barden Treble Makers winning the first place."

The girls couldnt believe What just happened. Beca made this possible, Aubrey hated to admit it but it was the truth.

They hugged each other in a grup hug, they were so happy they made it to the finals.

"Beca." After the trebles got their trophy, the girl walked towards the bus. Beca turned around to face Aubrey. "I know that I've been hard on you, okay? I know that I've been hard on everyone here." Now every Bellas was facing Aubrey. "But I am my father's daughter. And he always said, 'if at first you don't succeed, pack your bags."

Aubrey's voice sightly cracked and she was struggling to keep the tears on her eyes.

"I guess we don't really know that much about each other. About most of you really." Beca said after a while. "Why don't we all go around the room, and we can all say something about ourselves that nobody else knows."

Beca wasnt the type of human who has good ideas, but this one was perfect, the girls sat on the bus opening up to each other.

A/N i didnt know i've been 4 days without updating, i didnt know if you'd like to know what they said about themselves but if you do tell me and i'll make a filler chapter.

ALTHOUGHT WHAT DO YOU PREFER, LONG CHAPTERS OR SHORT ONES? tbh sometimes short chapters bore me