19. If you never try, You never know

Chloe didnt try to talk to Beca anymore after they last little chat that Tuesday morning.

The two girls missed each others company at school and at practice, but Chloe was afraid of being to clingy for Beca's like and Beca, she didnt know what was the reason why she was pushing Chloe away, she just did. Maybe the fact that Chloe turned her down twice so she could go out with Tom bothered her.

Days went by slower than usual, Math class wasnt the same, practice wasnt either.

It was the 4th period, Math class for the both girls, which meant finals. As usual Beca got in the classroom at the last minute before the bell rang; Chloe, of course, was already there nervous for the exam.

The teacher handed the sheets to the students and wished them good luck before going back to his seat.

45 minutes passed by, 35 minutes left. Beca was the first one to stand up and walked towards the old man with her exam. "Done." She said softly handing him the papers. The teacher smiled at her and told her she could leave the classroom.

When Beca went back to her spot to pick her stuff, she sent a quick glance at Chloe's empty sheet. Seeing that the red head was blocked, not being able to answer a single question, squeezed Beca's heart.

She grabbed her pen before leaving and quietly placed a sticky note on the red head's left hand.

"Answer is B.
Good Luck."

A sad smile scapped Chloe's lips when she read the note. She really did miss her dorky friend.

Stacie jumped from the chair when she suddenly felt her phone buzz, she was at the library since she had this period free.

From: Hobbit
You free? Where are you?

She replied Beca's text, telling her she was at the library, she knew beca'd probably laugh at her because she was at the library.

Seconds later, the tiny brunette walked in, her eyes catching her best friend at the second she got in.

"What are you doing?" Stacie asked shoving her books in her backpack.

"Finished math finals." She shrugged. "What are YOU doing here?"

"Studying, but im done for today, wanna do something?" Stacie asked closing the zip of her backpack.

"like what? Go outside?"

Stacie nodded. "Like old times."

And with that said, the taller senior grabbed her friend by the wrist practically dragging her to the seats of the football field.

They sat on the last part of the stairs next to the row of seats, just looking at the field. Feeling the light sun ray touch their skin, the cold wind gently moving their hair.

"Bec." Stacie said after a while. "im your best friend, right?"

"I dont like where this is going." Beca sat straight and pushed her knees against her chest. "Yea, you are. Why?"

"Then you know you can trust me, whats going on?" Stacie said now facing Beca, who sighed looking away.

"i...i really dont know, Stace." Stace said nothing, letting Beca continue talking. "Im scared." She said in almost a whisper.

Stacie only looked at her with her eyebrows furrowed.

"I think im falling for Chloe, and the part that i might be gay scares me, of course but not as much as falling in love with her scares me." her voice started to crack slightly. "I dont want my happiness to depend on someone, she got close to me in less than year, no one has ever done that before, i dont know how far she can get."

For Beca's luck, her face was still dry, not a single tear rolled down her cheek.

"Why you never let anybody in, Becs?"

"Its easier, if people get to know you and know your weakest points they can destroy you with that."
Beca sighed rubbing her temples.
"If i have a problem i chose to solve it by myself, i feel like im a burden if i talk about my problems to the people, why would they care about that?"

"I just dont want to repeat the history twice." She added in almost a whisper

She couldnt hold it, she felt a warm
tear leave her eye, going down her cheek.

Stacie inmediatly understood what scared Beca.
"You have to let go. It happened once and it wont happen again." She said trying to comfort her best friend. "What happened with Matthew is in the past. We're all still hurt because of his death and i know how vulnerable you were when he died, but he'd wish for you to go with your life."

Stacie said giving her a warm smile. "These are supossed to be the best years of our lives. Do whatever you want, make mistakes, if you never try you never know."

If you never try you never know. Those words kept bouncing in Beca's head. Stacie was right; She had nothing to lose, except for a friend, of course.

Instaed of saying anything, Beca embraced Stacie in a tight hug.

"Jesus Christ, you're hugging me."
Stacie said amused.

"Shut up." Beca laughed.

The hug continued for some seconds until the bell rang, Stacie enjoying every second of it because she knew this wont happen any time soon.

Lunch time was pretty awkward, Beca and Chloe were in the same table with the rest of their friends, trying not to look at each other. Beca did want to talk to Chloe, she just didnt know what to tell her.

Beca skipped practice that day, she didnt feel like going again, ever.

She worked on her mixes the whole afternoon until she fell asleep.

A/N kind of emotional chapter?
what will Beca do? tell chloe how she feels, or let that feeling go away?