4. Give it a shot

Beca walked to the bus stop with Chloe since both of them had to take the bus to go to their homes.

"My place?" Beca asked before getting in the bus.

Chloe nodded and paid the driver.

"What do you need help with?" Beca asked standing next to Chloe's seat.

"Aren't you going to sit down?" The red head asked.

"I never sit down." Beca shrugged. "That day was an exception." she added before her friend could say something.

"Why not?" The red head wondered.

"Around 100 people sit there. You have no idea if somebody farted while sitting on that seat or something." She explained as she took a hold of the seat before the bus took a sharp turn. "Besides I'm short and it's easier for me to see the stop."

"And you look more badass." Chloe said without realizing what she just said.

"I'm always badass, Red." Beca said smirking.

Rolling her eyes, Chloe let out a small laugh. "Anyways, I need help with basically everything." She said standing up.

"We have, like, 2 stops ahead. You know?" Beca asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah well, now I think these seats." she gestured to the seats. "Are gross, so, thanks?" Chloe said sarcastically.

"My pleasure." They both let out a laugh.

After leaving the bus, the pair walked to Beca's porch.

"Shit." Chloe said looking at the floor.

"I'm flattered, but you can try to call me by other names. Nicer ones." Beca said sarcastically.

"You idiot." Chloe said pushing her to the side. "No, I stepped on some dog's little gift."

Beca looked at Chloe's foot and saw the little incident. "Oh. You can wear one of my shoes then." she shrugged.

Beca took her keys from the back of her jeans and opened the door.

Beca's house was nice, she wasn't rich but she wasn't poor either.

"Welcome to my kingdom." Beca said leaving her backpack next to the door. "Just kidding, not my kingdom, I can hardly watch TV when Satan's home."

Chloe guessed one of her parents was Satan so she didn't ask, she just smiled. "Therefore..."

"Satan's kingdom." Beca finished. "You can leave your shitty shoe in the cleaning room." Chloe rolled her eyes at the pun before looking at Beca confused because she had no idea where the cleaning room was.

"Oh right." Beca said. She then took Chloe's shoe and disappeared behind a door.

A minute passed before Beca was back.
She grabbed Chloe's bag and carried it upstairs. The red head took that as a cue to follow her.

"I'm gonna go find something to eat. That..." The brunette said pointing to a door. "Is my room. Look for some shoes you like and put them on."

Chloe opened the door and Beca's scent hit her. She loved how Beca smelled, it was like a mix between coconut, peach and maybe, a glint of vanilla?

It took her some time to realize she was in Beca's room. It was a nice room. Three of the walls were grey, Beca's bed was against one of the walls it had two shelves with books and CD's above it. The other wall was black with some pictures of her small friend.

There was a window on the black wall, right above a computer; Chloe noticed some post-it notes sticked to it and DJ equipment.

There was an electrical piano, a mixer, an equalizer. She had no idea Beca did this kind of stuff. There was a TV screen against the wall in front of Beca's bed, next to the door and a PS3 on a little desk next to an Xbox.