35. its fine

Beca used to be the stubborn one, not Chloe. Now the tables have turned.

Chloe wanted to explain everything to Beca so bad but she didnt dare. Beca's pushed her away tons of times, she's tired of being pushed away by her best friend/almost lover. Tired of being the one to apologize even tho she was the one Who had to apologize now, and she knew it.

"I have a few months more to apologize" Chloe told herself closing her locker.

There was no rush, its not like the world is going to end tomorrow. She decided to take her time to apologize.

"Morning Chlo." Tom sad approaching her.

Chloe looked At him and smiled in response.

Tom took something out of his jean's pocket. It was an envelop.

"What's that?" Chloe asked, no one takes out and envelop from their this early in the morning, so yes she was pretty curious.

"I. I want to thank you for everything you've done for me, and apologize because i acted like an asshole when we were, you know, seeing each other." he said scratching the back of his neck.

Chloe took the envelop from his hands and smile At him before walking away towards her class.

Beca was doing a different paper work than the others. Her partner surprisingly wasnt there.

She was so focused on her work that she felt like she was alone. However, she did felt the presence of a human being next to her but she ignored her. She already knew it was Chloe.

Beca tried so hard to ignore the fact that Chloe was staring At her but it was so uncomfortable.

"Im not Benji." beca murmured with her eyes still focused on the sheet.

Chloe chuckled. "I know."

Then, again, silence.

Beca threw her pencil and turned to look At the red head. "For fuck's sake. What." beca said smiling.

Beca seemed pretty chill for Chloe's like.

"We need to talk." Chloe told her.

Beca quirked an eyebrow before focusing again on her sheet. "I cant right now."

"I see." Chloe said softly.

Beca thanked her, she really needed the silence to focus.

"Anyways." Chloe said breaking the silence, making Beca roll her eyes. "I owe you an apologize."

Beca only smiled At her. "For what. I told you its okay, no remorse."

Chloe was taken aback by Beca's answer. "Oh.. Okay?"

"Good. Now may i go back to my work?" beca started writting again.

Chloe nodded and quietly took out her own sheet.

The hour went by pretty fast and Chloe couldnt believe she was actually understanding the subject.

But she still had a question.

"Bec."

Beca flinched as soon as the red head said 'bec' its been so long since she heard that person calling her by the nickname.

"Tell me." she said finishing her work.

"What its okay?"

Beca finally looked up from her paper and looked At the red head. Their eyes met for the first time in weeks.

The bell rang, beca took the opportunity to leave.

"Everything's fine." the brunnete said throwing her back pack over her shoulder. "I dont want you to hate me because you fell in love with an asshole."

Beca said as she walked out of the classroom, leaving Chloe alone At the desk.

"Then nothing's fine."

Chloe jumped when she heard that voice.

"Sorry?" she asked.

The old man smiled kindly At Chloe. He got up from his seat and walked over her, helping her to put everything in her backpack.

"If two best friends fight because now one of them is in a relationship then nothing's fine." he said as her closed the red head's notebook while she stared At them.

"Two of the main reasons why people distance themselves from someone who's in a relationship is because, judging Rebecca's words, they dislike their friend's partner..."

Chloe looked down At her hands, beca really hated Tom.

"Or they are jealous." the old man added. "Either way, friendships are more important than relationships, you have plenty of time for them." the professor walked back to his seat.

"I'll keep it in mind." Chloe told him as she left.

"Beale." he called.

The red head's head popped in the doorway. "Yes?"

"Im not telling you What to do, But if i where you i would leave that Tom guy, i know him. Not the best."

Chloe smirked and left.

Beca was sitting outside, At her usual spot. Now that the weather was getting warmer it was nicer to sit outside knowing her butt wouldnt freeze or get wet from the grass.

"What about..." beca said playing with the keyboard on her laptop. "Now?"

Beca handed her earphones to Stacie, Who was lying on the grass with her head on Beca's lap.

Stacie had her eyes closed But she managed to grab the earphones and put them on.

Music filled her ears.

Meanwhile, Beca didnt notice the red head rushing towards her.

"I know its not fine. You dont know why i want to apologize so please listen."

Beca was a little freaked out for the sudden appearance but she stayed silent.

"Im not dating Tom. In fact we never dated we had a..." chloe stopped to look for the right word. "A. Temporal... something? Not sure What it was but it was nothing."

"Then again why are you apologizing? You dont owe me an explanation, its your love life." Beca said.

Stacie seemed to be on her own world so they didnt pay much attention to her.

"Because i lied to you, i broke the trust and im really sorry. I should've told you it wasnt true But i didnt. And now you probably dont trust me anymore."

The red head had a sad look on her face, something Beca couldnt stand to see.

"Hey." she said taking one of Chloe's hands. "I told you its okay, we are the same two bellas Who get along fine-"

Beca's words were cut by Stacie yelling.

"I WANT TO MARRY THIS MIX." stacie sat up and then noticed Chloe was there. "Oh, hi Chloe."

Chloe waved her hand.

"Am i interrupting?" stacie asked.

"No, we were just talking." beca explained.

Beca was actually a little bit thankfull that Stacie ended their conversation.

"I should go anyways, i have exams coming up." Beca closed her laptop and walked away.

"Exams?" Chloe thought