44. as tall as an eight year old

7:20 AM. The sound of her phone's alarm woke her up. Growling, she dismissed it before cuddling back next to the red head.

"Chlo." Beca gently placed a kiss on her cheek. "C'mon, you can't be late."

The girls left the party around 4am, since Chloe was supposed to crash with the Bellas at Amy's there was no issue if instead she crashed at Beca's.

The red head smiled at the feeling of the warmth of Beca's arms around her even tho her head was killing her.

"would it be that bad to stay what it's left of the year here?" She asked with groggy voice pulling Beca's arms closer to her.

Beca smiled at herself.

"RISE AND SHINE BEC-oh shoot my bad."

Caren smashed Beca's door against the wall intentionally only wanting to wake her daughter up, but she found someone else besides her daughter.

"mom." Beca was bright red looking at her birth giver standing against the door frame still.

"erh uh- I... breakfast, i mean, if you haven't eaten enough."

Chloe's eyes were open wide as her face turned red.

"oh my God, enough." Beca threw a pillow aiming at her mother who couldn't stop laughing as she shut the door.

"I'm so sorry." Beca apologized sinking her head in the pillow.

Chloe knew Caren liked to mess around and she loved the woman. "At least she closed the door."

"why."

Caren put her coffee mug down before facing her daughter who was staring at her with a death glare.

"because reasons." The older woman laughed. "Where is Chloe?"

"getting ready." Beca yawned. "uh mum, is it...erh... weird this situation for you?"

Caren turned around to grab her mug again. "What do you think?" she sighed.

Beca could swear her aortic bomb broke a bit.

"all jokes aside, my own daughter with another girl. sleeping in together in her bed." Caren dramatically put the mug down on the table. "without telling me? what'd have happened if I walked into your bedroom in my panties? That poor girl of yours would be traumatized by now." Caren said shaking her head.

Beca's aortic bomb was beating again.

Caren smiled brightly at her child and opened her arms inviting her for a hug, which Beca quickly gave her.

"She's beautiful." Caren muttered to Beca making her weep. "But as soon as I see you shredding a tear over her I swear I'll make her eat dinner cooked by me."

"oh god no, no one deserves that kind of torture." Beca laughed.

Just then Chloe shyly walked through the door. "good morning."

Caren smiled widely at the red head. "There're pancakes if you want or if you are as sick as my daughter, which I hope you are not." She said earning a scoff from Beca. "the 207 boxes of cereal are down there."

Caren pointed to a particular drawer. "why in a drawer?"

Beca gave Caren a look that she chose to ignore, "because she's as tall as an eight year old."

"Thanks mom."

While walking to the school for the first period Chloe heard the same question for the millionth time.

"but are you sure?"

Rolling her eyes Chloe answered her. "I'm not cold, Becs. For real. Your hoodie is just fine." She continued pecking her cheek.